flex101 is offline New Member

shoulder joint problem?

ive been lifting for about 2 years and ive never had any problem with lifting free weights they were always the meat n potatoes or my workout routines. But a few months ago I heard a pop in my shoulder when stretching my chest between sets and since then there has been more and more pain weekly in my shoulder when I do shoulder pressing movements and bench presses. I want this to heal up before I start going for mass again any suggestions?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by flex101
    any suggestions?
    rest it up until it doesn't hurt again

if it's bothering you to the point where you can't life, i wouldn't do any upper body stuff and let it heal up. could be a rotator cuff problem, could be a labrum problem. who knows.

Also stay away from "behind the head" lifts... they are murder on the shoulder joint.

Red

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    I had a similar "pop" back in high school. I tried going easy for a while. Then I tried a week off. Finally I had to stop lifting for two months. Worst two months, man. But my shoulder felt better.
    I also had to pretty much start out by going extremely light and being extra cautious of any pain.

vascular is offline New Member
    I have had shoulder problem's myself. Even surgery. If your are able to lift, I would stick to hammer strenth machines and smith machines movements for smooth motion on your shoulder. If your able to incorporat dumbbells fora full range of motion.

Over the past 3 years I had to experiment with what movements gave me the best results to compensate for movements I couldn't do.

The key is to listen to your body. If you need to take a week off or so. Let it heel, if you keep ripping at your will make it worse. It happened to me.

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem bro. I heard my pop during football. Gave it a while, it healed, came back to early, and popped again. Since then it hasn't mattered how much time I gave it, it keeps hurting. I just have to work through the pain. You could be getting tendonitis, or it could be a rotator cuff problem like Key said. Either way, give it some time. It's worth the time not lifting, to get yourself better.

Thread Information