Beat is offline Associate Member

my calves hurt and i cant walk...

two days ago was leg day.. i finaly found out how to work out calves the best way in the standing calve rise machine.. i did only 8-10 reps with only 55 lbs, this worked very well for my calves the way i did them (standing with the top of the feet on the board and the rest hanging downwards, then using only the top of my feet to rise without using my knees at all)
    now i got the worse soreness ever and i awoke serveral times this night from the pains and stretched.. now i cant walk.. i am not on roids and im just wondering if this is normal??

btw. the backside of the knee hurts as hell too..

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat
    two days ago was leg day.. i finaly found out how to work out calves the best way in the standing calve rise machine.. i did only 8-10 reps with only 55 lbs, this worked very well for my calves the way i did them (standing with the top of the feet on the board and the rest hanging downwards, then using only the top of my feet to rise without using my knees at all)
    now i got the worse soreness ever and i awoke serveral times this night from the pains and stretched.. now i cant walk.. i am not on roids and im just wondering if this is normal??

btw. the backside of the knee hurts as hell too..

it's normal, you seem to be doing it right now, you shouldn't be involving your knees at all, kinda defeats the purpose of working your calves

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Happens to me all the time also....it's normal. Full range of motion works best for me as well. After you get used to these try a one or two second hold at the top.

aright man i will.. im wondering.. what can i do to make the **** pain go away besides walking around and stretching?

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    keep stretching and use a heating pad

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    oh yeah, take 600mg of advil (ibuprofen) every 6 hours

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    I dig icy hot. It feels good to massage it in also. For me it kills two birds with one stone.

Sorken is offline Member
    I wish my calves was sore as yours..... never fell s h i t in my calves.. I can to 200 sets if you want.. nothing.....
    anyway... i don't know what you should do.. don't think there is much to do but wait !

Good luck bro !

haha. i had the same thing before i did alot of reps with like 200lbs and i felt nothing.. i dont know how you do them but what i did wrong was i bent my knees when doing calve rises.. once i stopped doing that i got this incredible soreness.. and you dont want this man! its a mission for me to get to the bathroom

cascade is offline Junior Member
    Worked my calves a week ago and I can still feel them. Hurts like sh*t when you push on them eh? Feels like the muscle is ripping off the bone.

Steven7 is offline Associate Member
    At least you know you've hit them right. I was doing the same thing as you by bending my knees. Once I corrected that....
    Well, you don't need me to tell you!
    Good luck gettin to the bathroom bro.

Quote Originally Posted by cascade
    Worked my calves a week ago and I can still feel them. Hurts like sh*t when you push on them eh? Feels like the muscle is ripping off the bone.

EXACTLY! feels like the calve has shrunk to a ball and cant be stretched out properly..

Thread Information