Thread: still sore

claude is offline New Member

still sore

started my cycle last monday with a new workout program. i really up'd my intensity but keep my workouts under an hour. so heres my problem the new routine has me working each bodypart every 5 days & i am still sore from last weeks workouts. i cant really train with sore muscles can i? should i just train whats not sore? kind of stuck here. thanks for any responses.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Quote Originally Posted by claude
    started my cycle last monday with a new workout program. i really up'd my intensity but keep my workouts under an hour. so heres my problem the new routine has me working each bodypart every 5 days & i am still sore from last weeks workouts. i cant really train with sore muscles can i? should i just train whats not sore? kind of stuck here. thanks for any responses.
    just because your still sore doesnt mean you cant train that bodypart again. Cause if that was the case... id be training biceps everyday because of lack of being sore.

hit em up once a week and i think youll be fine.

LM1332 Guest
    i stay sore for atleast one full week and when i go into the gym i am still a little sore. It just means that you have lactic acid that didnt go away yet stretch out warm up a bit and youll feel like new

thanks. i have just been reading alot about over training and going in reverse. since i started this cycle i think i over analyze everything. i'll give her hell tomorrow.
    peace

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    If you workout your muscles while they are still sore you will inhibit growth. Muscles require rest after a workout to repair the damage that has been done to them and this repair is what causes growth.

Brazy is offline Junior Member
    take 2 400 IU vitamin E after training

i take only one and my soreness has gone down by half at least

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    If you workout your muscles while they are still sore you will inhibit growth. Muscles require rest after a workout to repair the damage that has been done to them and this repair is what causes growth.
    thanks for the reply, but i know that soreness is a sign of damage & i know you have to rest the muscle. the thing i was questioning was that it has been over 6 days since i worked that muscle group and it is still sore. i have never had a muscle stay this sore for this long. thanks for the reply.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claude
    thanks for the reply, but i know that soreness is a sign of damage & i know you have to rest the muscle. the thing i was questioning was that it has been over 6 days since i worked that muscle group and it is still sore. i have never had a muscle stay this sore for this long. thanks for the reply.
    That's understandable when switching to a new routine. Once your body gets used to the change you will heal much faster.

Thread Information