Thread: bench

crj900 is offline Banned

bench

I have never really done incline bench. I have done mostly flat. Would you say that incline bench is easier to lift more weight or harder. Also decline. What parts does the incline, and decline work. Thanks.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    incline is harder.

they all work chest. incline puts more stress on the upper chest and shoulder area. decline - lower chest and triceps. flat - chest and triceps

you should definitley switch up. especially if you're not seeing the gains you'd like.

i'm a huge fan of incline.

BLACKZILLA is offline Associate Member
    incline and decline, plus flat round out a nice basic chest routine. Don't forget the flyes either.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I like inclines but I'm not a big fan of declines....I just don't think I get much out of them. However, that's just a personal observation what doesn't work for me might do wonders for others.

Key answered your questions so I've nothing to really add of value. Although you might want to throw in dumbbell presses for those bench movements now and then. Isolate each arm to hit the chest really makes a big difference to me.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    I like inclines but I'm not a big fan of declines....I just don't think I get much out of them. However, that's just a personal observation what doesn't work for me might do wonders for others.
    i'm in the same boat here. i don't do declines at all.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by KeyMastur
    i'm in the same boat here. i don't do declines at all.
    Key, do you get much out of bench presses in regards to your chest? I'm one of those types that i think it hits my delts more than my chest. I've been trying my best to watch my form just in case that might be the problem but even then it hits delts more than chest. About the only thing I think does the trick is Dumbell presses, fly's and wide grip dips. Just curious not meaning to HJ bros.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    Key, do you get much out of bench presses in regards to your chest? I'm one of those types that i think it hits my delts more than my chest. I've been trying my best to watch my form just in case that might be the problem but even then it hits delts more than chest. About the only thing I think does the trick is Dumbell presses, fly's and wide grip dips. Just curious not meaning to HJ bros.
    i make sure i have good form on flat barbell bench, so i get some out of it. but i feel i get more out of dumbbells.

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    it seems like most everyone gets more from dumbell press. benching, while being the "meat and potatoes" of a chest routine, still dont give the rom (range of movement) as dumbells. and- i dont get hardly anything from decline, maybe its my form?

Thread Information