pensacolatiger is offline New Member

Torn abdominal...........can I still work out?

Hey all! This is my first post so if I ask any stupid questions, feel free to point them out. I've been working out for about 9 years now, never too serious about it until this past year. I started an intermediate/advanced program and everything was going great until I tore the crap out of my abdominal (going tomorrow for an ultrasound). Are there ANY exercises I can still do? Does anyone have any tips about how to recover faster? I don't want to lose out on all of my gains like this, help please.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    I dont know how bad your tear is, but i feel your pain bro. When i had surgery for a hernia, you know they cut into your abdomen pretty good. I know i couldnt work out for about 3wks. I would definately take it easy, you wouldnt want it to get any worse...see what the doc says. and best of luck!

pensacolatiger is offline New Member
    I appreciate the advice. I've been reading about steroid treatment to assist the rehab process. Usually cuts the amount of recovery time in half. I'll bring that up today and see what the doc says. Thanks for the input.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Don't take a chance unless you want to be carried out of the gym by EMS.

tatty is offline Member
    Wow, and I thought I had it bad when I strained my lower abdominal a week ago. I still managed to play hockey and lift, but getting up out of bed or just lying upright was a pain in the ass. I'd suggest taking it easy...no sense permanently injuring yourself...

MrOlympia2014 is offline New Member
    I wouldn't take a chance. Better safe, then sorry.

Thread Information