DoubleMint is offline New Member

Question Burn fat or build muscle ?

I am fairly new to working out and I have a serious dilema about my fitness goals.

I will begin by giving you some backround info:
    I am 27, 5'11", 173 lb., BF around 24%.

My goal is to lower my BF and gain lean muscle.

I realize that it would take a lot of work and dedication in order to obtain my goal, but I am very serious and determnied to reach it. I also realize that diet is as important as all the hard work that I am doing/planning to do. Currently I am working on a diet plan, I am still learning a lot about nutrition and slowly but surely I am coming up with a diet plan for myslef. Once it's ready I will post it in the diet section for critique.

I recently started working out, I am at the gym 5 days a week, I do 40-50 min. fat burning cardio after my lifting session. I would say that my lifting routine is pretty good, I work out with a friend, he has been doing it for couple of years now so I rely on his knowledge and experience.

I don't know if I should concentrate on losing my BF by doing my cardio sessions or should I lay off a bit on cardio and focus on lifting ?

Is there any way of me getting both things taken care of at the same time ?

I need your help on this one.

Thanks,

MATT

sigrabbit is offline Member
    You can and should incorporate both to lose bodyfat and maintain or gain muscle. I would suggest limiting your workouts to 45mins to 1 hour, and don't do cardio for more than a half hour afterwards. You should do cardio everyday first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for 45-60 minutes, then work out later in the day. Post your diet when you put it together and we can help you out.

TheGame826 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrabbit
    You can and should incorporate both to lose bodyfat and maintain or gain muscle. I would suggest limiting your workouts to 45mins to 1 hour, and don't do cardio for more than a half hour afterwards. You should do cardio everyday first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for 45-60 minutes, then work out later in the day. Post your diet when you put it together and we can help you out.
    agreed. do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. but limit the cardio to about 1-3 days at the most. I would suggest reading this thread I wrote for newer members who just started lifting to give you a better idea of how things work: http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=79566

Jackman is offline Banned
    1-3 days at most? do 5 days cardio why would u say 1-3 at the most if he has 24% body fat!

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Is it best to do cardio before taking supplements like glutamine and nox2 or after in the morning?

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    supplements like glutamine and no2 help with recovery more than the workout, so it doesn't really matter when you take them in relation to cardio, maybe an eca stack before cardio, do not take clen before a cardio session, you will regret it

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fritz2435
    Is it best to do cardio before taking supplements like glutamine and nox2 or after in the morning?
    Neither one of those has any real effect on your cardio workout.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    Neither one of those has any real effect on your cardio workout.
    beat you, HA HA!

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    By one minute. I'm tellin you. I got to start my speed typing.

dboston89 is offline New Member
    a .little fina never hurt that cause either....

Rictor33 is offline Associate Member
    kill the bodyfat 1st, then begin to add size. You will notice it much faster and look 10x better than if you tried to add muscle to 24% bf and end up with extra muscle, but 26+ bf where no-one can see it.

Thread Information