Thread: Dead lifts

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member

Question Dead lifts

Leg day?

back day?

shoulder day?

when do you guys do them? I do them on shoulder day to target my traps.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I would say either Leg day, or back day.. Any day that you would incorporate your back, legs, or a pulling motion..

I train deads on leg day, cause i switch off from squatting to deading to keep shocking my quads every couple of months.. I usually start off with them because i go heavy, and no i don't use wraps for deadlifts.. Every few months i'll switch back to Squats cause they are nearly identical in movements..
    Last edited by monster.; 01-23-2004 at 11:40 AM.

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I have nothing left after doing my leg routine so I do them on the day I work back. Generally it's the first exercise I start out with just so as not to do them in a weakened state. I've serious lower back issues so I have to watch my step with deads.

Whatcha thinking bout? Thinking of moving them to leg or back day?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut2148
    I've serious lower back issues so I have to watch my step with deads.

Whatcha thinking bout? Thinking of moving them to leg or back day?
    Sorry to hear about your back bro... gettin olds a bitch aye?!

Yeah, I like the pump it gives my traps,,, but it just doesn't "feel" like a shoulder movement. But my leg day is already booked solid so I guess I'll move back day up one day in the routine (putting two days between shoulders and back) and add deads to back day.

thanks,
    ~R

Monster... just like you to NOT pick the one day I do them on!! you're such an antagonist! (but I love ya anyway!)

Bro Bro Bro... Where you been all my life..lol..If it makes you feel better sometimes when i am feeling stronger then normal, I will train them on back day at the end of my workout to really exhaust my entire body.. Followed up by an off day to recover.. lol

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu
    Sorry to hear about your back bro... gettin olds a bitch aye?!

Yeah, I like the pump it gives my traps,,, but it just doesn't "feel" like a shoulder movement. But my leg day is already booked solid so I guess I'll move back day up one day in the routine (putting two days between shoulders and back) and add deads to back day.

thanks,
    ~R

Monster... just like you to NOT pick the one day I do them on!! you're such an antagonist! (but I love ya anyway!)
    Make sure you give yourself some rest time between Back day and Leg day....I try to keep three days between them but I'm an old dude so you young bucks might get by with only a day or two.

naaa, getting old has it's advantages........young women like you because you're mature and.............you can order the early bird special without the starange looks. hahaha

I try to keep three days between them but I'm an old dude so you young bucks might get by with only a day or two.
    naaa, getting old has it's advantages........young women like you because you're mature and.............you can order the early bird special without the starange looks. hahaha
    I don't think I qualify as a "young buck" seeing as how you're only 2yrs older than me... but thanks anyway!

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Back day

Waste of time on Leg day if you ask me. Yeah, you can work your hams with it, but you'd have to go lighter then what you could do. On back day, you could blow the **** out of your back with heavy weight on Deads. Do it on Back day.

Beat is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    I would say either Leg day, or back day.. Any day that you would incorporate your back, legs, or a pulling motion..

I train deads on leg day, cause i switch off from squatting to deading to keep shocking my quads every couple of months.. I usually start off with them because i go heavy, and no i don't use wraps for deadlifts.. Every few months i'll switch back to Squats cause they are nearly identical in movements..

why do you switch every couple of months? why not every other week?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat
    why do you switch every couple of months? why not every other week?
    On average i just go with what is working, If i don't see any strength gains I switch it up when i need to.. I did squats for 3 years straight until i got so wide and my ass got so big i gave them up all together for a while.. I always done deadlifts, but i just incorporate them on my leg day instead of not doing squats..

I've noticed my strength is always climbing, with the way i do things now...I'm sure it will change in the future though.

getnlarg is offline Junior Member
    Deads--Back day!

Ironweb is offline Member
    Back day

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironweb
    Back day
    i do them on their own day with hams.

I have a seperate day for lats/traps, and a third for squats(quads)/calves.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    back day I love them too, hehehe

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I have nothing left after doing my leg routine so I do them on the day I work back. Generally it's the first exercise I start out with just so as not to do them in a weakened state.
    My philosophy is pretty much the opposite of yours Juggernaut. I like to do deadlifts last on back day so I don't use up my energy before I do my row exercises.

still growin is offline Member
    stiff leg deads work mostly hamstrings, so I would do them with legs. Bent deads do hams and lower back, so I do it Back day.

Odin is offline Member
    I always do them on leg day right after squats then finish the rest of my workout. I'm warmed up good and used to heavy weight so I usally just do 2 sets with 4 plates then on to the next leg exercise.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    I do them on back day, switching them from first to middle and last exercise. I tend to pull alot better when there second or last cause everything is loose and stretched.

Thread Information