C.K. is offline Junior Member

Sore after mondays chest workout but not after thursdays. Why?

I work my chest on both Monday and Thursday. I work them both with the same intensity. I am sore after MOndays workout almost up until thursdays chest workout, But after Thursdays chest workout I am not really that sore at all. Can anybody tell me why this is and if its good or bad?

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i'm going to assume you're not working out on the weekend, if so, during the weekend, you're allowing your muscles to heal and recuperate, so when you workout on monday, you get the full benefit, but when your working out on tues and wednesday, your not giving your body a chance to repair your chest muscles, so they aren't repairing and growing, classic overtraining, either take a day off on tuesday or wednesday, and i'm talking about your entire body, don't lift at all, or cut down your work sets on monday's workout

C.K. is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    i'm going to assume you're not working out on the weekend, if so, during the weekend, you're allowing your muscles to heal and recuperate, so when you workout on monday, you get the full benefit, but when your working out on tues and wednesday, your not giving your body a chance to repair your chest muscles, so they aren't repairing and growing, classic overtraining, either take a day off on tuesday or wednesday, and i'm talking about your entire body, don't lift at all, or cut down your work sets on monday's workout
    But i'm not working on chest muscles on tuesday and wensday. I work my other muscles, then on thursday I pound my chest again. I'm asking why they get sore after monday but tehn not after I pound them on thursday...unless you answered that and my dumb ass misunderstood

Aequitas is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    UMMM i tried doing a lot of chest when i first started lifting, but really hitting them hard once every 5 or 6 days will be way more benificial than evry 2 or 3 days, this is what i have found works best for me, but look at ronnie coleman he does every thing twice a week
    ...Yeah but Ronnie Coleman is a Professional Bodybuilder...its the only thing he worries about/ his life.
    I'm assuming that your chest is less sore or not sore at all on thursday because you have kept your body (muscles) active throughout the week. That same thing bothers me when I do bi's and tri's twice a week. However, that is just my theory...Anyone else have any answers..

Thread Information