Too much cardio??

Whats up all? Im about to start my fourth cycle of prop/fina/winny. Before i started i wanted to lose some fat before and been workin on doing so. I have been eating about 2000 kcal per day and doin 45 mins of cardio 6 days a week along with lifting. my cardio exercise is about 10 mins of running and rest a walk that keeps my heart rate at 130 or so. i was told that this is too much and i will lose muscle before i loose fat....How true is this and what should i be doin??

solidj55 is offline Member
    I dont know if I will ever do traditional cardio ever again. I would recommend road work. Its what boxers do to get into shape. Its a combination of jogging and calistenics. I would recommend using a dumbell or kettlebell. This is what I would do. Jog 100m, do 10 DB or KB swings, Jog 100m, 50 bodyweight squats(Hindu Squats) , Jog 100m, 10 DB or KB cleans, Jog 100m, 50 situps....

Now at this point you have run 400m and completed 20 swings, 20 cleans, 50 bodyweight squats, 50 situps. This will be hard as hell, trust me. Swings and cleans will gas you not to mention the jogging, situps/squats in between. Try to complete 4 laps. This would be 1 mile and four sets of all the exercises. Mike Mahler put together this combination and its known as HOC(High Octane Cardio). Try it out instead of the traditional cardio.

Jackman is offline Banned
    ill sick with my tredmill

Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    Wouldn't the roadwork you speak of be more geared to building endurance? I think that would be enough to put someone into catabolic state. I would stick with something that keeps your heart rate around 65-70 percent for fat burning, like a fast walk on incline as spoken of above.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Yea it may do that Bcrown. I forget there are more bodybuilders on here than people training for "function"

Thread Information