Terinox is offline The One & Only

Working the Forearms

Me and my workout partner just recently started to do forearms again. It's been almost a year maybe that we did these. So far, we have started with wrist curls (sitting on bench, leaning forward with bar just off the bench, handing in your hands). The other is placing your arm on your knee, and you lift a light dumbell with hand facing DOWN. I guess this works the topside of the forearm.

Anyways, I was just wondering how much it should be worked? For now, we do it once a week, and we do about 4-5 sets in total for forearms. Also, what are the different kinds of exercises one can do?!

Thnx,
    T.

popa is offline Senior Member
    twice a week just like calves, blow up your forearms and watch your bench go way up

O'Banion is offline Junior Member
    Forearms are my specialty. Try holding a dumbell in your hand and supinating. You can do this standing up or sitting (experiment with different angles). Also, try holding the contraction for a few seconds every rep, or doing negatives. The possibilities are endless.

O'Banion is offline Junior Member
    Another exercise you can do is flicking your fingers in between sets. This will force more blood to the forearms and expand the veins over time. You may look crazy doing this, but if you're dedicated, you do whatever it takes. I've been doing this for 2 years now, and my forearms are very thick and vascular.

killerpeaks is offline New Member
    do cable wrist curls. These work the best since there is no gravity and the whole time you have pull the weight. Just pull up a bench to a lower cable, and even drop setting is easier. These work awesome, however I never see anyone do this exercise, then again, not too many people are mad about training forearms on a regular basis.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    I see forearms at 4 different angles... your 2 you mentioned .. tops and bottom.

but there are 2 other angles.. one is the part of your forearms you feel most when doing hammer curls.. I like working this with a french bar and putting my forearms over a bench with your grib parallel.

the other is on the opposite side of the above mentioned.. I take a close grip t-bar ..used on the cables and put the cable on the lowest setting. feet wide and i put the t-bar inbetween my legs and bend my wrists back towards the other end of the cables..

Thread Information