scottninpo is offline Senior Member

20 rep squat routine outline

for those of you using DC training, or for anyone interested, this is the 20 rep squat routine as outlined in the book "super squat"

*load up a bar with a weight you normally fail at 12 reps
    *unrack and take three deep breaths, on the fourth breath, begin your decent
    *decend to parallel, if you are not squating to at least parallel, it does not count as a rep, explode up from the bottom position
    *take no less than three deep breaths in between each rep, you may have to take as many as 10 breaths in between reps by the time you get to the last rep
    *don't quit till you have reached 20 reps, do not stop, do not rack the wieght until you have completed all 20 reps
    *rack the weight after the 20th rep and move immediately to pullovers, inhale on the way down and exhale on the way up, breathing deeply, this will stimulate your recovery and your metabolism
    *at your next workout and every workout thereafter, up your squat poundage by five pounds (2 1/2 lbs per side) and get 20 reps again

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Ya, I've been doing those for a while now, very tough, its right up there with calves. I just started dieting, so I'm gonna stick to this until i'm off the diet. I was reading over the CFP thread and some guys were talking about doing a heavy set of 6-8 reps, take a good rest and then do the 20 rep squat. I think I might give that a go next time I bulk up.

mman is offline Junior Member
    Ouch!!

slobberknocker is offline Associate Member
    That's a great program. Very hard work.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i think the thing a lot of people take for granted is the breathing, thinking that taking all that time in between reps helps get you through, but once you hit rep twelve, it's like torture having to hold the weight on your shoulders, my upper body actually starts to fail before my legs do

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    its not to bad of a book...i dont do the workout but looks good

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Sweet...i'm gonna try that . Thanks scott

Thread Information