LookingtoCut is offline Associate Member

Smile Cutting Program....

Hey Guys/gals. Ok, I just finished reading the Body For Life Program by Bill Phillips. Program sounds GREAT, however, he says to only do cardio for 20 min a day, 3 times a week. I'm looking to burn the MOST body fat possible, and shred down and cut up. I've been doing 30 min/day 7 days a week.....Can I still stick to doing more cardio? I know MANY people who think the Body For Life Program is GREAT, and works...But I don't understand, why I can't work just 2 muscles a day, For Instance, Bi's & Tri's = Monday
    Tues = Cardio
    Wed = Back & Chest
    Thurs= Cardio
    Friday = Shoulders,legs

That seems more effective, and I'll do cardio on weight days as well, AFTER the workout.... What do you guys think? Let me know what you recommend BEST for cutting...Also, how often should ABS be done? Want the 6 pack washboard abs!!! THANKS GUYS! ALL ADVICE APPRECIATED!

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    I'm gonna be keeping my eye on this thread.

;-)

cpitt398 is offline Junior Member
    I would also like to know how often abs should be trained. A lot of people do them everyday, but that is not consistant with the training of other muscles.
    If possible I would like an answer from someone with good abs but not a necersarily genetically gifted washboard stomach. Mine aren't bad, but I would like to take them to the next level

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    Abs are like any other muscle... train em hard and give em rest. Where the notion came that abs are tiny muscle is beyond me. They are a fairly large muscle and need rest to grow.

I hit them hard twice a week with weighted cables from a variety of angles 8-12 reps. And once in awhile I'll throw in an additional light session of higher reps just to let them know that I still love them

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well...I don't have any abs, quite the contrary actually. But from what i've been told, just like other's have said (llbeastcd), abs are just like any other muscle, but I think you can work them out a little more then usual (i think). Try to do abs every other day, or on upper body workout days. I've been doing that, although I can't see abs (too much fat), I still feel that they are coming along well under all that fat

Later.
    Terinox

Thread Information