c_buz is offline New Member

Do Muscles Have To Hurt?

I amwondering if your muscles should be sore the next day. If they aren't, Does that mean I haven't worked them hard enough? I am currently on DC's training and my muscles don't hurt.

Discipline is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by c_buz
    I amwondering if your muscles should be sore the next day. If they aren't, Does that mean I haven't worked them hard enough? I am currently on DC's training and my muscles don't hurt.
    I am in the same boat you are and the answer is yes there are supposed to hurt and i love that feeling. Its a makes u feel u actully did something postitive that day. and no if you arent that sore doesnt nessacerly mean u ddnt do nothin right, just maybe your muscle are used that kind of workout. You should the burn or what arnold would say the pump while you work out. When you feel that you know the next morning is going to be ruff. But i love it.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont know.. i heardly get any pain in my pecs, arms or back.. yet after leg day i can bearly walk down the stairs... maybe its just me.. when i started out everything hurt the next day now just my legs....

JGK
    JGK is offline Junior Member
    I usually don't get DOMS unless I am doing something for the first time in a while. It doesn't neccesarily mean anything good or bad just that your muscles are sore. The only time everything got sore was during the first two weeks I worked out.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i've been doing dc traing for 4 months, and i still get sore after every workout, could be one of two things, you're not trainging intensely enough, or two, you're genetically predisposed to quick recovery, if it's one, it can easily be remedied, if it's two, you're one lucky son of a b*tch

JGK
    Well, I do a Westside routine 4 days a week with a fifth day dedicated to extra work like shoulders and calves.

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    My larger muscle groups are always get sore, but smaller groups like my traps, delts, and biceps rarely get sore no matter how intensely I train them. In my case, it doesn't worry me because my smaller muscle groups have been growing at the same rate as the rest of my body.

dirtysicks is offline New Member
    Bump.

VforVendetta is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    My larger muscle groups are always get sore, but smaller groups like my traps, delts, and biceps rarely get sore no matter how intensely I train them. In my case, it doesn't worry me because my smaller muscle groups have been growing at the same rate as the rest of my body.
    I'm the same way - chest, legs and back I can get sore but arms (both tri and bis), shoulders and traps don;t get sore no matter what i do to them aside from taking an extended break and having to come back.

It's always bothered me that I never get *that* sore. I have friends who have trouble moving/walking etc a day or two after a heavy workout but I've always kind of shrugged it off unless I mix up my routine drastically via weight/rep combo or by introducing a new movement (ie. bb instead of 3 weeks of db for chest).

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Ya what scott said pretty much.

I get sore immediately after a DC workout, if its legs than they are usually viciously sore.

If you are a #2 case like scott was saying, you could go with DC's workout 4x a week.

Or there is a #3 which means you're doing something wrong, and if you were doing something wrong I would bet that you're not using 6-10 second negatives on each rep.

Exclamation

Ohh **it!! 6-10 second negative I never saw that in the article that i read. Is this what you do scottninpo? Should I be doing this?

yup, 6 to 10 sec negative, every rep
    that's what really makes it difficult

JGK
    I don't do slow negatives. The routine I follow doesn't call for them.

Whoever told you that you aren't doing it right if you are sore was wrong also. All DOMS means is that you wore out your muscle. It doesn't mean you did any good. I could sit down and do 100 pushups and be sore but it wouldn't have done me as much good as doing my ME bench exercise which doesn't make me sore.

well, since dc training is what this thread is about, everyone who i know who uses dc training gets sore after every work out, no offence JGK, but this question was in reference to dc training, so we're assuming c-buz is not executing the program correctly

JGK
    Ok, I see where you are coming from. I've never personally tried DC's method but from the people I know who have the ones who did slow negatives got sore and the ones that didn't do slow negatives didn't get sore. I thought it was a more general question. Evidently my reading comprehension skills aren't quite up to snuff.

I just increased the times of my negatives. I found it hard to reach even six. After months of training with short negatives i guess I must train my muscles to reach at least an 8 sec negative. Should I go a bit lighter in order to achieve this or just go as heavy as possible?

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    you wanna go heavy but go atleast to where you can get more reps. I tend to stick to 8-4-2

Thread Information