bigbobjr55 is offline New Member

not sore good or bad?

Does anybody else not get sore? Don’t get me wrong the first week back after not working out for a week or more I’m sore as hell but after that I don’t get sore. I’m lifting heavy 5-6 days a week. I was just wondering if this is common. My friend who I train with is training for a competition is always sore. I’m just wondering if I’m some freak or do I need to do something different.

thanks

I found another thread that answered my question kind of. Are there ant doc's out there that can explain it? ( why some people get sore and some don't)

jixxer is offline New Member
    I'm in the same boat as you. Maybe its the "wrong" kind of trainning, I mean, your body rebuilds itself after you tear it up ( workout ) maybe your workouts aren't "tearing" your body up like they should be? You gotta be careful though, as to not "overtrain". Maybe up your weights a tad and go from there?

Anyways just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in, I know how you feel though, but am still seeing gains so I'm happy

Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    bad, make it so it hurts (the good way) the next day
    I lift as heavy as I can. and I'm still not really sore. I am seeing nice gains. I think that my body is just repairing quickly.

Cubber is offline Junior Member
    I've read somewhere that everyone is different. Some people feel workouts more than others. Some feel it after 1 day, and some after 2 (like me). And some don't feel it at all. I have a friend who never gets sore either.

JGK
    JGK is offline Junior Member
    If it is an exercise I haven't done in awhile I tend to get sore. But after doing it for a week or two I no longer get sore from it. Like yesterday I did heavy deads and good mornings for the first time in about 3 weeks and today my back and hams are killing me.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    slow negatives tend to illicit more soreness than anything else, there's nothing wrong with not getting sore, after years of training, i rarely, if ever got sore unless i completely changed up my workouts, and made plenty of gains, once i started doing DC training and very slow negatives is when i started feeling the soreness again

fritz2435 is offline Member
    I used to be like that, i would bench press every other day to failure and not be sore. I have found that by resting a muscle group longer, and shocking your muscles with different exercises from different angles, the next time you work the muscle group you will be more sore. For instance, when i did chest before, i would ench press every other day. I would get to the point where if i wanted to, i could bench every day and not feel sore at all. Then, my personal trainer told me to rest at least 3 days b/t workouts of the same muscle group. Also, instead of just doing bench, do bench on day 1 and dumbell incline or cable fly or something different. Then day 4 or 5 when i do chest again, hit the incline bench, do another dumbell excercise, weighted dips or pushups. Trust me, if you want to be real sore, try doing 4 sets of pushups to failure after a chest workout.... i guarantee you'll be sore the next day...

Adjusting my workout schedule and exercises has caused me to become sore once again, often for 2-3 days after a workout.

Maybe this will not work for you, but it has for me!
    -FTZ

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    My body parts are always sore the next day, only because I go harded each training day weather it be more weight or more reps, Im always pushing myself to advance. My legs are sore usually for 3 or 4 day, for me I know I didnt traing well enough if Im not sore the next day. Get to the point where you are sore but not overtrained and youll grow even better.

dc training

Quote Originally Posted by scottninpo
    slow negatives tend to illicit more soreness than anything else, there's nothing wrong with not getting sore, after years of training, i rarely, if ever got sore unless i completely changed up my workouts, and made plenty of gains, once i started doing DC training and very slow negatives is when i started feeling the soreness again

Thanks for the info. Where can I get more info on the DC training?

BBJ55

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    do a search in this forum on doggcrapp, just cut and paste from this post, cause a lot of bros spell it wrong and then get pissed at me for leading them done the wrong path

Thread Information