k_dogg is offline Associate Member

lower leg pain... is it shin splints?

hey bro's
    ive never had shin splints before and im curious if what i have is infact this condition.
    ive had a break from running regularly to do more wieght training over the past couple of months. since then ive put on about 10-12lbs. my shoes are gettin pretty old and worn aswel so keep that in mind.

now its like a jolting ache through my lower leg when i run. it hurts less the softer i push off from the ground and the softer the surface. and sometimes aches softly through the day after a run. its not a sharp pain. like a dull aching jolt. guys have told me that shin splints is a sharp pain.
    what do you think?

dboston89 is offline New Member
    i have extreme tightness in my shin area...ive put on 20pnds balking...so i think my .legs are just not used to the extra weight yet..

wimp is offline Associate Member
    could it be a stress fracture? i thought i had shin splints but it turned into a fracture.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Probably shin splints. Are you on any sauce right now? If so, it's the increased blood flow causing the shin splints. If not, you may want to seek an Orthopedist to see if you have an abnormalities in your feet size or even take a look at your curve and suggest better shoes and/or footwear.

k_dogg is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    Probably shin splints. Are you on any sauce right now? If so, it's the increased blood flow causing the shin splints. If not, you may want to seek an Orthopedist to see if you have an abnormalities in your feet size or even take a look at your curve and suggest better shoes and/or footwear.
    actually im about a week out of a course of cyp but i thought the cyp was fake so i discontinued. so ill give it some time. hopefully it settles down. ill be getting new shoes aswell so hopefully that helps. i only have about 3 weeks before my shins have to be in top nick so i may have to rest them. stick to low impact cardio.
    if its a stress fracture how bad is that? how long to recover and is there anything i can do to speed recovery?
    should i stop training legs totally? recomendations?

Bcrown1 is offline Associate Member
    When in doubt ask the Doc. I think dboston may be right though, just let your body adjust to the weight.

Justincase is offline Associate Member
    Try new shoes.....with a good arch support and that should really help! I had them in high school when I was running track and cross country......you could try to tape them
    but that is a pain to do all the time and you need to know how to do it.
    Take a couple of days off and get some new "running" shoes with a good arch support
    and stay away from cross trainers....they suck for real running.

Thread Information