Thread: Arm Workout

Skins6 is offline New Member

Arm Workout

What is the best thing i can do to increase arm my size? I've been doing the different curls, skull crushers, etc.. but havent really gotten an increase in size.

TOMMY-GUNN is offline Associate Member
    what i find helps a lot is doing drop sets......i go for three sets gradually building weight...on the third i try to do 6 reps and then drop about half the weight and do as many reps as possible....it works great for most exercises....i end up seeing good gains when i really push myself ont he drop sets so it might be worth giving it a try

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I did heavy dumbell curls. I would try to go for 10 reps and whenever I was able to lift the weight for 10 reps, then I would up the weight and try to curl that for 10 reps. I would only do about three or four sets also. Plenty of protein post workout and I was making some really good gains (like half a cm per week).

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    Time....

PinPusher_85 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOMMY-GUNN
    what i find helps a lot is doing drop sets......i go for three sets gradually building weight...on the third i try to do 6 reps and then drop about half the weight and do as many reps as possible....it works great for most exercises....i end up seeing good gains when i really push myself ont he drop sets so it might be worth giving it a try
    That sounds pretty good, I think I'll try that next week!

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    If you want to target you biceps, One handed preacher curls helps my bi's explode. Also, do alot of sets, I'm talking about 5-8 sets, start off with a high rep count for your warmup (8-10) and gradually decrease your reps as you increase your weight.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I just did EDT (Escalated Density Training) today to blast them. I get a tremendous pump afterwards. It's not something you should do all the time - but it helps to stimulate an increase in size and endurance capability for the muscle... here is how it went...

Two super sets:

[A-1] Standing Barbell Curls
    [A-2] Standing Rope Extensions

[B-1] Cambered Bar Extensions
    [B-2] Reverse Grip Barbell Curls

Do the A super set nonstop for 20 minutes (do the entire 20!). If your reps start to drop below 8 - decrease some of the load and get them back up to 10-12... don't give up either! Your first few sets should be relatively easy - remember, you have to hang in there for 20 minutes. After your finished, all sweaty and can't even bend your arms to take a drink of water... rest and stretch it out for 5 to 10 minutes and let some of the pump drop down. Then do the B superset for another 20 minutes. Not a lot of movements - but a sh!t load of intensity.

Remember that when SIZE is your goal you need to decrease rest intervals (no more than 60-90 seconds with traditional splits) and increase training intensity (drop sets, super sets, negatives...). This helps by totally burning out ATP/CP stores in the muscle and pretty much tells them that you NEED growth to occur.

Thread Information