temperoath is offline Junior Member

Im broken...Help!!

What the hell is wrong with me! Everytime I work chest, my ticeps punk out. This never used to happen before, and its pissing me off. Everytime I bench, I'm just crusing along...pushing it up, then all of a sudden I can't do anymore. Its not like a steady breakdown...It happens all of a sudden. When I start I'm like..."Man I could do like 20 reps with this, then when rep 6 or 7 comes, my triceps dissapear, and I have to re-rack it. I've had my life saved a couple times by fellow gym rats, but this has gotta stop. Anyone else ever had this problem. My triceps are fine during other exercises like pressdowns, or kick backs, just not bench!

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    i have had that happen to me as well...it was going on last year, i would finish a good set of 8, then i would suddenly shut down after the 4th rep of the next set...i don't know what i did to correct it, i guess i just kept going at it with that weight til i broke through

still growin is offline Member
    Try to pre fatigue your chest so that it gives first. Do some supersets of flies followed immediately by bench. This will make your triceps stronger for a little bit allowing you to really exhaust your chest. Do this for a while, your tris should catch up. Try adding weighted dips to help bring up arm strength.

temperoath is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like a plan, I'll give it a shot!

British Bulldog is offline Junior Member
    I had a similar problem. My chest never felt like it was being worked properly because it was considerably stronger than my triceps. Weighted dips and close grip bench press soon rectified the problem.

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    i have found that towel bench helps my tris ALOT, it gets rid of my sticking point and helps me handle more weight

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    close grip bench will solve this

Thread Information