penthievery is offline New Member

cardio + workout question

I've been working for about a month, and I am in the gym 5 days a week; I am trying to bulk up and gain weight. I have a history of heart disease in my family, so i do 30 mins of cardio everyday along with my work out. Is the cardio going to be counter-productive to my weight/muscle gain?

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    They are going to counteract eachother to an extent. You can keep your protein intake high and that'll help. Also eat small meals thru the day, that'll spead up your metabolism and it'll keep plenty of calories in your system all day. While you're doing cardio you can drink something with carbs in it like gatorade.

LM1332 Guest
    i dont think that 30 min of light cardio going to effect anything.

monkeyjuice is offline Member
    i wear a thermo and a long sleave shirt when i work-out, i basically sweat my balls off, so i figure that as my cardio. ahhaha just jokin.....i do some cardio while on cycle, not too much tho.

swole1210 is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by penthievery
    I've been working for about a month, and I am in the gym 5 days a week; I am trying to bulk up and gain weight. I have a history of heart disease in my family, so i do 30 mins of cardio everyday along with my work out. Is the cardio going to be counter-productive to my weight/muscle gain?
    Cardio is good, but try doing your heaviest set first when working out. Keep doing the same routine everyday is not good. Also switch it up know and then.
    Another idea, try one major muscle part a day...like, shoulders then chest, but do abs and forearms 3 times a week.
    Good Luck

Thread Information