Thread: Enough protein?

Slugger is offline Junior Member

Enough protein?

I'm 24 6' 210 and haven't lifted regularly in about 3 years. A couple of months ago I started lifting again but now I'm getting serious about it. I just planned out a diet where I consume 320 g of protein and 120 g of carbs over 6 meals in a day. I also plan on drinking 4 liters of water a day.

I am just lifting right now and am doing no cardio. I have a little gut but right now my diet is crap.

Is this enough protein? Carbs low enough? In a month I'm gonna start hitting the treadmill. I just started this diet yesterday.

LM1332 Guest
    1.5g times your weight is what you should consume. 4 liters is enough dont drink too much though because you can overload your kidneys. And eat a little more carbs boost it up to 180 i would htink. Alright later.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    What are you trying to do? That amount of Protein is plenty if your cutting or bulking, too much even. And as for the carbs, well I hope your not bulking, coz your gonna need about 5 times that if you are. If you are cutting then, well I would take less carbs, but thats just me hey. 4 litres of water p/day? Relax, your gonna need a fountain for that, all your gonna be doing is pissing it out. 3 litres is plenty

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Seen as though I have no idea on what you are trying to achive, I will tell you what I did when I was bulking and cutting... here.... My status is: 6'4, 226lbs, 12%bf, age 22, still no balls :/.

Bulking: 4000 cal p/day = 500g carbs, 300 protein, the rest cal were made up by the fats. This is while I was juicing by the way

Cutting: Umm *head scratch*, I cant remember really, umm... I know I had heaps of protein and most of my carbs I consumed in the morning and after training

Hope this gives you some sort of indication on where you are heading...

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    In my opinion i think your numbers are right that as i belive your going to try to loose weight? (thus the cardio?) chances are your going to see a shift in weight by just simply lowering you calorie intake. what you failed to mention is your current bf and the bf you like to achive.. just my two cent..

Thread Information