evdi is offline New Member

Question Headaches while working out

I just started getting headaches last Saturday while lifting, and it is kind of scaring me. I was benching on Friday, as while pushing out my last few heavy reps I got a pain in the temple area and an instant light headache. I took about a 10 minute break and was ready to hit arms. I tried on set, and the pain was too uncomfortable. I then tried to do some light cardio, and still felt bad. Within an hour or so I had a full blow headache.

I didn’t lift Sunday, and felt fine.

Lastnight I was back in and wanted to do bis/tris. I made it through the bis, but didn’t think I should go ahead with the tris. I was just getting sharp headache pains around the right temple again. I still have a slight headache this morning.

I am not on a cycle right now. I have been on the low Carb diet for about 3 weeks. This si the first time I’ve done it real strict. Could it have anything to do with it?

Anyway else get this?

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    My friend (workout partner) has the same problem but he eats whatever he wants. 4.5% bf and he can eat WHATEVER he chooses to. I've got a high metablosim but nothing compared to his.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Are your breathing right during your sets? And what kind of caffeine intake are you using?

caffiene

My breathing is OK I think

As far as caffien, it is really hard to get caffiene in anything that doesn't have carbs. Usually just coffee in the morning.

I dont feel tired or anything though.

It was almost like I felt a pop the first time it happened. Could it be that a vessel or something popped?

Brazy is offline Junior Member
    it's got to be your breathin bro..

the exact thing happend to me.. at times i got insane pain in my head.. i thought i was breathing "ok" to.. but i wasnt

DONT HOLD YOUR breath..

force that air out, dont you dare hold onto your breath..

i found my breathing was solid for the first 3-4 reps.. than on my last 2-3 reps i would hold my breath a little without realizing it and than all of a sudde WABAM.. insane head pain

Brazy is offline Junior Member
    opps.. didnt realize you were doing low carb.. that could easily be why, low carb = head aches

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    also, dehydration or low electrolytes = headaches. drink some gatorate before the gym.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Do you drink OJ? If you do, cut down on it or cut it out.
    Low carb could be the problem. Your brain is powered by carbs. The only problem is that it shouldn't really be giving you any SHARP pain, just a headache.
    Breathing is possible, but by the time you have sharp pains from not breathing, you're at the point of passing out, so you should also be dizzy and disoriented.
    If it was me, I'd speak to my doctor and arrange an MRI just to be on the safe side.

But most of the time, too much vitamin C as in taking in too much OJ is the problem. Some places, POW's are given a lot of OJ to drink because it keeps you from exherting too much energy before your head starts pounding. i.e. the prisoners can't fight for more than a minute or two.

LM1332 Guest
    it might be not enough sleep or not enough food to support all that stress that you are putting your body threw. Usually if i get a headache its because i didnt sleep long enough

Bound for Muscle is offline Associate Member
    the same thing happened to me and several other guys...read this thread and tell me if it sounds familiar

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...ad.php?t=60473

exactly

Seems like i am not the only one with the problem. I see try to take it easy for a while and see what happens. May call the doc tomorrow. I am going to do some cardio and tris tonight, see what happens.

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Drink water and breath properly, i think its fairly normal wat u r experiencing, I have had it too. It also depends on what you have eaten for the day b4 you train. You will be right.

Thread Information