Big Al is offline Retired Moderator

Things To Think About #1

When training for quality mass/size, weight is important but so to is form, the majority of us are BB not power-lifters......so controlling the weight is key to muscle growth, momentum and excessive cheating will result in injury and will not aid muscle stimulation.

Lift the heaviest weight you can with form close to 90% of perfect, and for a rep range of 6-12, for mass dropping below 6 reps regularily is not required.

My W/O are intense and quick I go heavy, but I rely heavily on good form, only then to I get the desired response.

Not Preaching just thinking out loud, what works for me may not work for you......

Consistancy is key, if there are only two words to describe success in this games its

Consistancy and Progression

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Good post bro, I agree form is VERY important, bbing is not about having a huge ego in the gym.

Also as far as rep ranges, I like to train one exercise 3x4-6reps, the next at 3x 10-12reps and the last at 3x 15+ to hit all the muscle fibers.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator

I love to pyramid up and down, also like to hit different exercises with different rep ranges, completes my w/o.

If training chest I will often finish with Cable-Xovers for 15-20reps to completelty blow the chest.

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Good post Al. When younger guys at the gym come up to me for advice i always seem to have to recommend them to drop the weight their using and concentrate on their form. Too many of these guys are trying to inflate their egos by trying to get the most weight up w/ no attention to form. If you exact your form you will get much more from the exercise.

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

Smile

Thanks Big Al. Lot of good info on your post which I know will come in handy for me. I have a tendency to drop below six reps because of my ego, just like you said. A lot of good advice to keep in mind.

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Form is the key i have seen so many injuries from bad form and ego....

defdaz is offline Associate Member

Unhappy

All true, and I can speak from experience...

def

Anaballick is offline Associate Member
    This is absolutely true, although my workout partners form is usually correct on certain things both of us have gone too heavy and he is now fighting joint problems.

Thread Information