Thread: Back

technx is offline New Member

Back

hey when i do my back exercises the next day i dont really feel any aching am i supposed to or not?

big_mike is offline Member
    there could be one or more things that are going on that will determine whether or not you got a good back workout in. Whenever you do certain machines at the gym, be sure to try and isolate your back while you are working it. THE most common mistake made when people work out their back is that they tend to use TOO much biceps. Try this for some good straight back isolation: do the pull over lat machine, and try some dumbell pullovers. Those are great for your back and do not use your biceps at all. Next would be overhand barbell rows, and wide grip chin ups. Lastly, and by far the most taxing would be deadlifts. Train smart, use good form, and lift hard!

thnx bigmike

Yung Wun is offline Member
    dont use aches and sorness as a gauge to determine whether u had a great workout or poor workout. it juss means u went beyond fatigue and falling juss short of fatigue, will actually bring about the same results as going beyond.

Whey Protein Canada whey protein isolate
    Last edited by Yung Wun; 04-16-2010 at 10:26 PM.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I find that with the back, people tend to try lifting too much weight and end up using every other muscle except for the back when it comes to compound movements. You can try lightening the load and concentrating on using your back.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Also, good advise from big mike and Yung Wun.

thnx for all the comments imma lighten it a bit thnx alot for the advice

Quote Originally Posted by big_mike
    there could be one or more things that are going on that will determine whether or not you got a good back workout in. Whenever you do certain machines at the gym, be sure to try and isolate your back while you are working it. THE most common mistake made when people work out their back is that they tend to use TOO much biceps. Try this for some good straight back isolation: do the pull over lat machine, and try some dumbell pullovers. Those are great for your back and do not use your biceps at all. Next would be overhand barbell rows, and wide grip chin ups. Lastly, and by far the most taxing would be deadlifts. Train smart, use good form, and lift hard!

What are dumbbell pull overs?

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    lie on your back on a bench w/ your hands straight over your chest holding a dumbell, don't bend your elbows and lower the weight over your head and come back up, it works your chest and back together

Thread Information