homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member

Last time you took time off?

I decided to take a week or two off and just do some light cardio. I haven't been making progress, have felt irritated and my joints have ached a bit. I had built up some good strength but I haven't felt "in shape".
    It's probably been 6 months or so since I had a layoff.
    So...when was the last time YOU took time off?
    I'm wondering how helpful this will be. I"m already feeling anxious to get back in the gym.
    When I do come back, I will be cutting back on my frequency (Tuesday and Saturday workouts, 3 diff workouts: Push, Legs, Pull) so I'm hitting everything once every 10 days. I'd like to get in good cardiovascular condition first.
    Thoughts?

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I'm taking off right now. I plan on doing a PH cycle within the next month or two, so I want to do all of my slacking now so I can stay on point for the two months I stay on cycle.

Sounds like you're doing okay to me.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    since i started doggcrapp training, i feel great and have not had any joint aches or pains at all

Pwrlfter is offline Junior Member
    I take a full week off every 8 to 12 weeks depending on my cycle, then do a light week when I come back.

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    Thanks bros! It's almost a workout in itself trying to keep yourself OUT OF the gym! lol!!!
    Later.

humpymuscle is offline Junior Member
    i rarely take time off. i can't stay out of the gym cuz i get depressed (i started working out to fight depression) and anxious(it's my main stress reliever). i really should take time off but i need to find something else to do.
    maybe i'll try cardio like u did...

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    I was working at cotsco pulling in carts for 3 months. Thats 8 hours of incline cardio. I stopped working out for those 3 months, didn't eat, just horrible. I had no appetite, I was always too exhausted from work. But I started working out hard again the 1st of this year and I've finally gained all my size and stregth back.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    If ya take time off, its best to plan it out, such as a vacation or whatever. But the rule of thumb when training is: never miss more than four straight days.

MJ

Thread Information