hoss827 is offline Banned

Please critique my cutting routine and diet.

Ok...first time cutting, so i'm pretty nervous about it, and excited at the same time.

Workout:

45 minutes cardio in the morning on empty stomach (walking).

As for the routine, it changes every 2 weeks..But instead of doing 6-8 reps max, i'm going to be doing 12,10,8, 6.
    Does this sound good?

Diet:

I'm going along with spywizards diet (thanks bro! ) . It's simple, and very good. Each meal will consist of 1/2 cup peas, 1/2 cup brown rice, and half a chicken breast. The VERY rare cheat meal will be a protein shake. Dairy is eliminated from this diet..thats going to be the hardest thing to give up, but it's d amn well worth the result.

Suggestions and flames are welcome,

--Hoss

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Change to 1 full chicken breast per meal...

add a multi with calcium

and if you are ever hungry... grab another chicken breast...

As long as your cardio isn't intensive you will have enough energyy to complete..

good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    Ok...first time cutting, so i'm pretty nervous about it, and excited at the same time.

Workout:

45 minutes cardio in the morning on empty stomach (walking).

As for the routine, it changes every 2 weeks..But instead of doing 6-8 reps max, i'm going to be doing 12,10,8, 6.
    Does this sound good?

Diet:

I'm going along with spywizards diet (thanks bro! ) . It's simple, and very good. Each meal will consist of 1/2 cup peas, 1/2 cup brown rice, and half a chicken breast. The VERY rare cheat meal will be a protein shake. Dairy is eliminated from this diet..thats going to be the hardest thing to give up, but it's d amn well worth the result.

--Hoss
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    Change to 1 full chicken breast per meal...

add a multi with calcium

and if you are ever hungry... grab another chicken breast...

As long as your cardio isn't intensive you will have enough energyy to complete..

good luck..
    Thanks alot bro...I've been reading up alot lately too. Friend is loaning linux red hat to me. D amn this chicken is gonna get expensivle though..but it's all worth it in the end.
    Keep the replys coming!

--Hoss

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    have you ever looked into hiit cardio as an alternative to the pre breakfast cardio session?

Ive heard of hiit Scott, but never really understood how that works...Could you tell me about it?

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Hoss,

All diets are tough at times, but what I have done in the past to help with cravings is I'll get a tootsie roll and cut it in half and suck on it for a while. Thats right, a tootsie roll! I don't eat eat it, I just suck on it for a couple of minutes and it seems to really curb any sugar or carb cravings you may get mid stream of the cutting diet!

Good Luck, MJ

Thanks alot bro! Anyone know what I should use post workout ? or what to eat after cardio?

The best place for chicken breast is Sam's club .. if you have one there..

I get about 12 breast for $15... that should last you about 2-2 1/2 days...

yea................. cutting grass, and shoveling snow isn't lookin too bad right now..

it can be expensive... but cheaper than McDonalds...........

Good luck.

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

Hmm...How about tuna? Tuna is cheap as well, and very high in protein...sound good?

Ive heard of hiit Scott, but never really understood how that works...Could you tell me about it?
    here's a great routine that i use every spring:

http://www.musclemedia.com/training/hiit_table.asp

Thanks bro

bulldawg_28 is offline Senior Member
    Hey hoss, for sugar cravings I usually take a serving of SanV12. The stuff tastes like koolaid, but its sugar free! Good luck cutting!!

LM1332 Guest
    umm good luck hoss on cutting i wish i could help but i have no idea what to do in order to get cut

Bulk up on your M-1T cycle first bro! Good luck to you too!

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer

--Hoss

ok, you probably dont want to hear my advice, but this is just my .02 for whatever it's worth.

peas are a no go since it is mostly sugar anyways.

a protein shake for a cheat meal is not going to do much to stimulate your motabalism.

the macros per meal seem to be off somewhat but I can remember what your stats are?? You really dont say how may meals per day or what time are these meals.

It looks as if your marcos are very low, most likely you'll loose muscle along with dropping bodyfat IMO. I would just drop your macros that fast, I would ease into it and let your body adjust to the caloric deficit.

Dont get me wrong, we not counting calories here since that seems to be a waste IMO.

congrats on giving up the dairy! now just drop the peas!

In no way is this a flame to spywizards diet or you, since I have never seen it and I have no idea how you interpreted it.
    Good luck..
    Last edited by abstrack; 02-17-2004 at 07:40 AM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Pwrlfter is offline Junior Member
    IMO I think you should put on another 30 or 40 lbs of muscle before you begin to worry about cutting. Why not just stick with the big compound lifts like squat and bench and bulk up, then you can worry about cutting up.

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    let me get this right... your eating nothing but beans rice and chix every meal?? sounds like your setting yourself up for failure... need variety if you plan on sticking with it.

Quote Originally Posted by abstrack

--Hoss

ok, you probably dont want to hear my advice, but this is just my .02 for whatever it's worth.

a protein shake for a cheat meal is not going to do much to stimulate your motabalism.

the macros per meal seem to be off somewhat but I can remember what your stats are?? You really dont say how may meals per day or what time are these meals.

It looks as if your marcos are very low, most likely you'll loose muscle along with dropping bodyfat IMO. I would just drop your macros that fast, I would ease into it and let your body adjust to the caloric deficit.

Dont get me wrong, we not counting calories here since that seems to be a waste IMO.

In no way is this a flame to spywizards diet or you, since I have never seen it and I have no idea how you interpreted it.
    Good luck..

Ahh bro...just because we have our diffrences doesnt mean your input isnt welcome, thanks alot for the info.

--Hoss

Abstrack...what are the macros youre talking about? The meals would be 6-7 times a day, as always...any idea for a good subsitute for the peas?

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Abstrack...what are the macros youre talking about? The meals would be 6-7 times a day, as always...any idea for a good subsitute for the peas?
    the ratio of pro., carbs., fats in each meal?
    so far what I see you have less than 30 grams of protein in that 1/2 chick. breast, about 25 grams of a fiberous carb with the peas, and about 20 grams or so of a complex carb in your rice. i could be off on these numbers? I forgot what the macros are in the sources you listed?

broccoli would be a better sub., spinach, zuccinni( spelling?) colliflower umm ????
    abstrack@protonmail.com

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    I dont know how big your chicken breast are but I believe mine are like 3-4 ounces...So half of that is like 1.5-2 ounces which is only like 15-20 Protein....Abstrack could be right in guessing 30 g, 3 oz portion of cooked chicken...
    I guess 75(30 pro + 40 carb) X 7 = 2100 adequate calories but there is no healthy fats really...I guess you could count the 2-4 grams of fat in each chicken as fat which adds like 20 grams of fat or so and an additional 200 calories or so....

I agree, seems like a set up for failure....

Should I just throw in tuna for the chicken instead then?

Should I just throw in tuna for the chicken instead then?
    hoss, you're 16, you should be eating burger king and mcdonalds everyday and be trying to pack on as much mass now as you possibly can!!! ok, maybe not fast food, but seriously, these are your prime growing years, don't waste them with trying to cut up now, grow dammit!

Pwrlfter is offline Junior Member
    Hoss, forget the bodybuilding for now, you should do powerlifting for a few years to build a solid strength and mass base. Then when you go on the juice you will blow up like a balloon.

Instead of the peas.. try broccoli instead............

--Hoss

Good luck..

Rules

LM1332 Guest
    thanks man, little bit back ago i was gonna stop but then i was like you know its my ballz my liver my life and most of all my muscles so i went back and started taking it. And from day that i started which was last thursday with good diet and **** i gained 7 pounds.

the ratio of pro., carbs., fats in each meal?
    so far what I see you have less than 30 grams of protein in that 1/2 chick. breast, about 25 grams of a fiberous carb with the peas, and about 20 grams or so of a complex carb in your rice. i could be off on these numbers? I forgot what the macros are in the sources you listed?

broccoli would be a better sub., spinach, zuccinni( spelling?) colliflower umm ????
    Sounds good...Brocooli sounds appealing to me. Thanks

--Hoss

Thread Information