Thread: F**k*n chest

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Thumbs down F**k*n chest

is there anything really wrong with me hiting a body part twice a week ?chest inparticular?because i was hitting chest twice a week since i've been loaded and i might say i saw good improvement it always felt like though the 1st time i would work it it was weaker than the 2nd part of the week it was stronger werid? well i have a partner now and he works out almost 180 from my work outs very very high intensity with heavy weight and 8-10 reps per set every set no matter what the weight is unless u just even cannot get it even with help.. i do not feel like its really a shock on my chest like i was getting b4 with my 10-8-6-4 reps on each set my chest gets fried after we workout but i dunno but just not the same, any advice or am i just not making sense?

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    Depends on how many days were between your workout at the end of the week and your workout in the beginning of the next week. I got really good gains from working my chest twice or three times per week. I get weaker and weaker if I only work out once per week. At best, it's just enough to maintain my strength. You have to figure out what works best for you.

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    its all personal... do what you find works for you.

I just started trying working one muscle on back to back days... then rest it well...
    Chest
    day1... heavy lifts... bench, incline... pullovers
    day 2... light movements... such as flys, dips, pushups.

it is not something i would suggest as long term, but more as something to shock the muscles once every couple of months I like it too because it gives me an excuse to take an extra recoup day

PJK015 is offline Associate Member
    i usually do chest twice a week, once i will focus on heavy presses and then the second i will focus more on flies and wide grip with a lighter weight

Testify is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PJK015
    i usually do chest twice a week, once i will focus on heavy presses and then the second i will focus more on flies and wide grip with a lighter weight
    If you're going to do it, this is the way. Have a light day and a heavy day, and get enough rest in between so you can recover.

Beat is offline Associate Member
    i used to train chest twice a week, i thought this would make my chest bigger and stronger.. and well, it got a little stronger but thats about it.. i overtrained and maybe you will too... now when i train chest i take 10 days of before i do chest again and i gotta tell you, its working great!
    also important is that u switch routine all the time when doing chest..

Thread Information