frank rizzo is offline Junior Member

Can someone help me make a list of what not to workout when to prevent overtraining?

Obvious ones are dont workout chest if tri's are sore, and no back if bi's are sore... Can someone help me point out less obvious ones? Just trying to prevent overtraining, thanks.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frank rizzo
    Obvious ones are dont workout chest if tri's are sore, and no back if bi's are sore... Can someone help me point out less obvious ones? Just trying to prevent overtraining, thanks.
    that really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.......????
    that is why i train on an upper lower split, you get equal recovery time for muscles without over lapping

frank rizzo is offline Junior Member
    Simple, i can't always work out the same number of days each week so I sometimes have to modify my split. My usual 5-day split

legs
    chest
    back
    shoulders, calves
    tri's, bi's

Some weeks I can only lift 3 or 4 times so I have to combine days. Just trying to find out what groups other than the ones I mentioned should not be lifted on consecutive days. I'm trying to hit everything once per week. Am I still not making sense?

LM1332 Guest
    what i use right now is a 3 day routine works great for me and i dont over work anything at all. id say do chest/back monday then legs wendsday and shoulders arms on friday so it should be enough time to recover

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    ok, now i know what we're talking about, i'm not a big proponent of working only one muscle a day, i'd rather work two or more in a day, and get the next day off, more rest is important, you just have to cut down on the number of sets you do for each individual body part, LM's suggestion is a good one

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    I'm finding that I don't need as much training as I once thought I did. After over 10 years of training, I'm working out 2-3 times per week.
    Cutting Schedule (which I'm doing now)
    Saturday/Push (Chest, Tris, Delts)
    Tuesday/Pull (Back, Bis, Side/Rear Delts, Traps)
    I"m doing cardio 5-6 times per week with this.
    This "Heavy Duty" method was made famous by Mike Mentzer and many bros on this board use similar methods to max-out muscle gains, even while cutting.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    if you want to avoid getting overtrained but still workout alot read these articles!
    Its meant for powerlifting but does wonders for bodybuilding to.

http://www.elitefitnesssystems.com/d...eparedness.htm

http://www.deepsquatter.com/strength/archives/ls14.htm

http://www.testosterone.net/html/146gpp.html

I find that push upps, high jumps and general cardio works very good for gpp so its not all about the sleed draging(like some of those articles makes it sound like).
    The number one reason for overtraining is not beeing in good enough shape!

LM1332 Guest
    the number one reason for overtraining is doing too much and not knowing when to stop. If someone is 155lb and been working out for 5 years lifts 250 and someone who is 200lbs and on has been working out for a year and lifts 150 it doesnt mean he is not in good shape it just means that he didnt have enough training.

Thread Information