Thread: Hurt...ankle

Hardcore189 is offline Junior Member

Hurt...ankle

I am not sure where to post this but i know this site has great information so hopefully you guys can help....i was at rugby practice and my ankle got caught uner me and i heard it pop and it hurt like a mother....it didnt swell to much and no black and blue but it kills...i iced it....does anyone know what else i could do or how long it will be....it was pretty loud pop and i can walk on my heal but cant planter flex wihtout pain thanx

LSU Jimbeaux is offline New Member
    Hey bro,

I'm a certified athletic trainer....please contact me so i can determine what you exactely injured in your ankle.....

LM1332 Guest
    you can have pulled tendens but id say its better to go to your doc and do an x ray to make sure that nothing is broken or dislocated

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I'm with LM, go see your doctor. Sounds like you could have done almost anything. You really need an x-ray to make sure. It doesn't sound like a fracture, but there are a lot of tiny bones that can be dislocated.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    Ill tell you weird..I sprained(rolled) my ankle playing b-ball 4-5 weeks ago and it STILL is swollen...Went through the Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation...Was black and blue at one point...Weird part is that you would think that the ball on the outside would be hurting but what really hurts is my arch and the ball on the inside and the area behind it. Sitting here and pushing my knee forward I can feel a painful strain in the area behind the inside ball...

Another good reason to go see your doctor.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    HAHA..You think I would considering my dad works with all the leading podiatrists and sports medicine Orthopods of South Florida...Last time I went I felt like an ass...The guy was like you have tendinitis, Boo-hoo, do some flexing exercises with a power band....

Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    Another good reason to go see your doctor.

I guess the guy knew you or your father. I wouldn't say anything that way, you can get sooooo sued.

Thread Information