bortort is offline Associate Member

How many times do you work your calfs a week?

Hey guys, I'm heading out to work these sticks I call legs, And was wondering how many times you guys work your calfs. Do you treat them like every other muscle, and do them once a week, or do you beat the subborn suckers a little hard?

llbeastcd is offline Associate Member
    LI, NY... where it seems like everyone is on gear.
    They are stubborn as shit... you're right. It's genetic. There's a guy at work who has never trained and his calves are big and ripped. Me, I hammer em hard everytime and have nothing. It sucks. But, I would be interested in hearing the opinions on this. I work em twice a week using variety of set/reps, and exercises. Lately I have found this routine to be somewhat productive, although probably unorthodox:

Set 1: Seated calf, one plate, 50 reps (30 second rest)
    Set 2: Seated calf, two plates, 25 reps (1 minute rest)
    Set 3: Seated calf, four plates, 12 reps (no rest)
    Set 4: Standing calf raises, 180 lbs to failure.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    I have to work mine 3 days a week ; one day a week, doing a number of exercises wasnt cutting it. But now doing them more often, I am seeing results.

I questioned this once on another board, and was told if you do it more than once a week, then you are not doing it right. I kind of begged to differ on this one.....

Anyone else working them more than once a week?

askingforit is offline Junior Member
    damn yo! You guys work your calfs like mad. I only do mine once a week...but they have always been pretty naturally cut so I might overlook them a little too.

ann
    ann is offline Female Member
    Always did think some people were gifted genetically with good calves..... curses

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    i stick with 2 times a week..once with legs..and i fit the other day in with another body part. usually give then 2 to 3 days rest..

generally stick with standing calve raise, seated calve raises and leg press calve raise..mix it up..to keep them thinking..seems to be working.

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I do mine once a week. I do seated calve raises for 3 sets, standing calve raises for 3 sets and I'll finish them on the leg press doing calve raises on it for 3 sets. I don't see how you do them more than once a week. I can barely walk the next couple of days.

Hoopwxf is offline Female Member
    Twice a week works for me. I treat them like an ab work out, short but intense. 3 sets of seated, 3 sets of standing 30secs rest between sets and no more than 10 reps squeezing each rep to it hurts, by the end I am hobbling till I stretch the buggery out of them. I don't train them all the time ie two months on one month off something like this as mine seem to get worked okay when I do other leg work for balancing, plus my martial arts seems kill them pretty good being on the toes all the time (well trying to).
    You are the master of your body, take control and sculpt it.

Thread Information