steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

Working Bis and Tris

What up fellas now im woundering who here works bis and tris the same day togather. I my self work tris with chest and bis with back, makes sense but im seeing more and more pepole working Bis, tris and lilttle shoulder and thats it. Now this also makes sense being so you will have more power in your bis an tris, instead of wearing them out when your working Back and chest. Get what im saying? im just woundering who works Bis and Tris together and does it work well for you ? Please help me out.

monday-Chest,Tris,lateral raise
    Tues-Legs
    Wed-break
    Thurs-Back,Bis,lateral raise
    Fri-Shoulders,Tris,Incline Bench
    Sat-Cardio
    Sun-Rest

LM1332 Guest
    me! I work bis tris and my shoulders all on the same day

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    I work bi's and tri's on the same day. They use counter movements so you don't have to worry about the exercises for one muscle tiring you out for the exercises with the other.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Ya i just implemented a whole day for guns... but i also have a full day for shoulders too.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    yup, bis and tris in the same for me as well.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    I work them in the same day, you get a hell of a pump. Friday I work biceps and triceps...but my routine changes every 2 weeks.. Tomorrow i work chest and triceps, tuesday back an biceps...etc.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    No prob working the guns by them selves in one day.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    I tend to work bi's and tri's together. My tri's tend to recover quicker than my bi's, so I mix it up, but for the most part its on the same day.

i been hittin weight for about 3 yrs. now and have only worked my Bis and tris once together, i felt so out of place kinnda like trying something new for the first time, i didnt even get sore, just a lil swole, but after Spring Break im re-vamping my whole workout routine so i'll be throwing this Bi and Tri thing in.

Cmah9 is offline New Member
    I like to work chest and tri's and back and bi's. i find that when I do tri's and bi's on the same day then those muscles are tiered when I go to work chest and back. most of your chest exercises such as bench us tri's as do many back exercises use your bi's. that is just me though, everyone is different. keep up the work how you like it bro.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    i work chest and back seperate in the beginning of the week........then bi's and tri's together at the end of the week
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

ToTheMAX04 is offline Banned
    tues-chest
    wed-legs
    fri-shoulders, bis, tris
    sat-lats, traps

every single muscle, maybe except traps, is always 100% fresh.
    bis, tris works out pretty kickazz for me.
    the only thing is fri is a really long work out

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMAX04
    tues-chest
    wed-legs
    fri-shoulders, bis, tris
    sat-lats, traps

every single muscle, maybe except traps, is always 100% fresh.
    bis, tris works out pretty kickazz for me.
    the only thing is fri is a really long work out
    Problem with that if your bis are finished it might hurt your back workout next day, so not 100% fresh at all.

ToTheMAX04 is offline Banned
    I did an experiment to see whether or not that did effect lat day, one week, giving my self 2 days off after delts, bis tris, i did back 2 days later, my poundages were exactly the same no difference

after conducting that experiment, i came to a conclusion that hitting bis the day before lats did not effect lat strength

LM1332 Guest
    gonna switch my routine around just to keep em blasting. gonna do chest and tris on the same day

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Try bis and tris together bro, do four excercises for each muscle and superset your whole workout. lol. Me and my training partner did that yesterday, and sh*t, that was the best arm workout I ever had.

thanks for the advice guys and girls, im just gonna re-vamp the whole workout routine after Spring Break, Since i have been using the same one for 2 months now, but i will be throwing in the Bis and Tris on the same day all the BIG boys in my gym do it that way may as well follow the crowd.

homeboybonanza is offline Associate Member
    Does anyone do Upper Body movements all on the same day?
    I've been doing Chest, Tris, Shoulders, Back and Bis on Saturday. I'll hit anything that I feel wasn't taxed hard enough on the following Tuesday.
    Looks like this:
    Bench Press
    Close Grip BP
    Dips
    Clean and Press
    Lateral raises
    Lateral raises bent
    Dumbell Rows
    Barbell Curl

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeboybonanza
    I've been doing Chest, Tris, Shoulders, Back and Bis on Saturday.

.....what in the world do you the other days of the week?!?!?!...........thats 4 days worth of excersie.....how long are you in the gym...........4 hours?
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by homeboybonanza
    Does anyone do Upper Body movements all on the same day?
    No. Thats useless; I doubt you're exercising any of those muscles well.

Sh!t man 5 upper body muscel groups in 1 day ???? why so ?? that is ludicris, only hit 2 at the most i.e. Back,Bis, and maybe a lil shoulder throwin in there, but thats way to much.

xfade7 is offline Member
    actually plenty of bodybuilders exercise complete upper body one day and complete lower body the next. giving time for cardio and repair. 6 days a week with 1 rest day is not wrong.

for the 3 days you do upper body. first day is a normal workout (skip a day etc...). For the second day you dont go as heavy maybe 2/3 the weight(skipping a day...). then the 3rd upper body day you go heavy, trying to get harder gains pushing yourself a little more. (the next day is a leg/cardio day and then after that you skip another day. total rest, thats a total of 2 days to rest after you do your upper body.) then repeat the cycle.

xfade

LM1332 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by xfade7
    actually plenty of bodybuilders exercise complete upper body one day and complete lower body the next. giving time for cardio and repair. 6 days a week with 1 rest day is not wrong.

for the 3 days you do upper body. first day is a normal workout (skip a day etc...). For the second day you dont go as heavy maybe 2/3 the weight(skipping a day...). then the 3rd upper body day you go heavy, trying to get harder gains pushing yourself a little more. (the next day is a leg/cardio day and then after that you skip another day. total rest, thats a total of 2 days to rest after you do your upper body.) then repeat the cycle.

xfade
    The deal is though they are professionals and they are on gear so they can recover much faster and better. But before i stopped working out i used to workout 5 days a week and i had about 1 weeks off during each month so i got pretty **** strong. So i dont know what to do just use trial and failure

Psycoswole is offline Member
    I love hitting my bis and tris on the same day but it all depends on how im feeling. I try not to set my schedule in stone, instead before i go to the gym ill think back thru the week, determine how long ive let my muscles recoop vs how good the workout was and go from there. My workouts get very stale if i set a muscle group for each day. Giving each muscle group a good squeeze to see if i still have any soreness or fatigue is a good indicator for me as well. Take what you can from it, thats how i do thangs.

sounds nice i love the squeeze, thanks for the advice people happy pumping

Thread Information