mugzieee is offline New Member

Shoulder Dislocation

Ive dislocated my shoulder a year and a half ago, and Its barely starting to heal now. I was wondering if anybody had the same problem, and is succesful after it meaing they can lift heavy weights, or are baclk to thir old lifting habits? Kuz i really wannag et back into it but im afraid it might diclocate again.

Kato is offline Member
    did you dislocate it from lifting. if so, take it easy w/ that excercise. did you do rehab? if not you should. i have dislocated my right shoulder once and i can go heavy w/ it. i dislocated my left shoulder about 12 times then had surgery. and sicne the knife i have had 3 more. left is still only bout 80%. and i have to be fairly careful if i go up in weight. just start slow then work ur way up. rehab it every mornin if you have a good rehab schedule. and you can still lift at night. take your time. you don't want to get carried away and mess it up more. i know you might not wanna hear this but it might not ever be the same.....you just gotta suck it up and do what you can. and i know there is a couple other bros who have had dislocations and operations. maybe the will see it and post. bump this thread up if you have to.

DBarcelo is offline Senior Member
    That's a long time to heal.

shodude is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DBarcelo
    That's a long time to heal.
    What kind of dislocation was it? I'm guessing anterior. Were there any lesions in the capsule or labrum? What kind of therapy did you receive? How old are you? Describe exactly what you mean by barely beginning to heal.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Bro...mark my words..it WILL happen again. Just be sure to check with your orthopedic surgeon and if necessary phys therapist with it time and time again to see how it is. If you have questions PM me.

--Hoss

Thread Information