heys guys just palnning a new routine here it its
    mon-chest
    tues-back-
    wed-legs
    thurs-arms
    fri-shoulders
    sat-off
    sun-off
    i plan on doing 4-6reps.12 to 15 sets for major muscle groups,9sets for minor groups.i was reading and it said do lower reps like 4-6 will work the fast twitch white muscle fibers. they were saying to do heavy weight low reps like 4-6 and take 2-3min break in between sets. has anyone tried this how has it worked for u. i want to put on as much mass as i can. any input would be appreciated. thanks bros.
    Last edited by rk713; 02-25-2004 at 08:35 AM.

LM1332 Guest
    id switch shoulders with legs cause you are hitting your tris on wed so they wont have enough time to relax but if you do em on friday it should be fine

rk713 is offline Junior Member
    i meant to put legs on wed. thanks for the advice bro.otherwise this routine looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by rk713
    i meant to put legs on wed. thanks for the advice bro.otherwise this routine looks good.
    bump

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Best thing i could advise would be to split your off days up. Although it is nice to have the weekends off. If its mass your looking for remember that the most anabolic substance on the face of the earth is food so get plenty of it especially after you get back from working out. Plenty of rest with a little bit of intensity at the gym and you got yourself a recipe for growth. Best of luck and i hope your eating something while your reading this response :spudnikhu

LM1332 Guest
    yea but if your planning on taking gear recovery wont be a problem and yea just eat plenty of food whahaha...yes

Quote Originally Posted by LM1332
    yea but if your planning on taking gear recovery wont be a problem and yea just eat plenty of food whahaha...yes
    u guys think this routine will work good.will this also be good to use will on a cycle on test enanthate .i know eating is the key . it took me awhile to realize it.thanks for the replys bros.any advice is greatly appreciated

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rk713
    heys guys just palnning a new routine here it its
    mon-chest
    tues-back-
    wed-legs
    thurs-arms
    fri-shoulders
    sat-off
    sun-off
    i plan on doing 4-6reps.12 to 15 sets for major muscle groups,9sets for minor groups.i was reading and it said do lower reps like 4-6 will work the fast twitch white muscle fibers. they were saying to do heavy weight low reps like 4-6 and take 2-3min break in between sets. has anyone tried this how has it worked for u. i want to put on as much mass as i can. any input would be appreciated. thanks bros.

I train very low volume and reps when bulking, but you basically have to find out what works for you, someone telling you it's a good or bad routine doesn't necessarily mean it is.

Quote Originally Posted by DARKSEID
    I train very low volume and reps when bulking, but you basically have to find out what works for you, someone telling you it's a good or bad routine doesn't necessarily mean it is.
    i know everyones different just seeing if anyone got good results from a routine like this.

LM1332 Guest
    i personaly never had a routine like that it looked hell a lot like it but the deal was though i got a lot stronger but didnt really see any major size gains i mean i changed ofcourse but not as much as i did with my current routine. I said it many times over routines are trial/error programs. Got to try it all and see what works or not

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i actually use low reps and heavy weight for cutting....from what i've read most of the info. sayting that this type of training is better suited for muscle density. you might want to look at www.t-mag.com and run a search on German Volume Training. I tried this during a bulker and although the rep range is high, I grew like a weed. JMO

i personaly never had a routine like that it looked hell a lot like it but the deal was though i got a lot stronger but didnt really see any major size gains i mean i changed ofcourse but not as much as i did with my current routine. I said it many times over routines are trial/error programs. Got to try it all and see what works or not
    lm1332 if u dont mind could u post your current routine.thanks bro.

LM1332 Guest
    i do a 3 day split used to do it in the morning and at evening but since i got a job in the morning now i am stuck doing everything at night

Tuesdays/// Chest abd Back
    Chest...4 sets of everything i try to do a 4x10 but on incline doesnt workout like that
    4 sets of incline flies
    Flat Bench 4 sets of 10 (dont lock your elbows out, including incline)
    Flat Flies 4 sets of 10
    Incline Bench DB 4 + sets start out with 10 reps and go all the way down to 1 so something like this 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 but if i am tired as hell the lowest i go is 4

Back...One hand DB rows since back is a pretty big and strong muscle i try to go as heavy as i can without compromising my form. But usually it looksing something like this 12, 10, 8, 6, 6, 4, 4, 2, 1
    Barbell rows only 4 sets 4x10 increase the weight all the time though(wide grip)
    I also do Seated Cable Rows 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 heavy weight if i have to cheat i do
    And finaly Cable pull down try to go as heavy as i can without compromising the form

that was chest and back
    Last edited by LM1332; 02-28-2004 at 03:06 PM.

LM1332 Guest
    Thursday Legs///Cavles///HamStrings

And leg extensions... 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 i try to do em heavy but not to heavy because once i lifted the weight i hold it up for a few so i can feel the rectus femoris flex or mid quad i guess?!

Squats...4 sets of 10, 8, 8, 6 sometimes ill throw in an extra set of 4 for the kill

Leg Press... wide stand 4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 (i usually add an extra 1 or 2 sets and do

feet together almost)

Calves... i do free will what works for me but do 3 different excersises standing, seated, and donkey raises.

Hamstrings...4 sets on laying and seated leg curls machine usually tend to do regular 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 thing try to hold on top

LM1332 Guest
    And finaly Arms i do em on saturday

Bis...Barbell curls are fundamental thats for everybody 4 sets of 8, 6, 4, 2
    One Arm Curls same as above
    Hammer Curls (try to go supersetting on these) and after your done you will be pumped as hell

Move onto Tris right away
    Tricep Cable Pressdowns 5 or 6 sets try to go full out on these 3 tri heads are hard to stimulate for me. 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 and might repeat one or two sets just for the hell of it.
    Laying Tricep Extensions 4 sets of 8, 6, 4, 2
    Repeat with reverse grip
    Kickbacks 4 sets of 8 to 2

Shoulders
    Arnold Press 4 sets of whatever
    Military Press 4 sets 10-4
    Standing Laterals 4 sets of 8 -2
    Bent Over dumbell laterals 4 sets of 10
    Fly machine laterals same principal only i dont go all the way down i go up do 10 reps half way down and do another four or 5 all the way for 4 sets of that

Shrugs 4 sets of 10

PS
    This is basic outline for what i do it tends to change due to how i feel. But this is what i follow all the time

And finaly Arms i do em on saturday

Bis...Barbell curls are fundamental thats for everybody 4 sets of 8, 6, 4, 2
    One Arm Curls same as above
    Hammer Curls (try to go supersetting on these) and after your done you will be pumped as hell

Move onto Tris right away
    Tricep Cable Pressdowns 5 or 6 sets try to go full out on these 3 tri heads are hard to stimulate for me. 10, 8, 6, 4, 2, 1 and might repeat one or two sets just for the hell of it.
    Laying Tricep Extensions 4 sets of 8, 6, 4, 2
    Repeat with reverse grip
    Kickbacks 4 sets of 8 to 2

Shoulders
    Arnold Press 4 sets of whatever
    Military Press 4 sets 10-4
    Standing Laterals 4 sets of 8 -2
    Bent Over dumbell laterals 4 sets of 10
    Fly machine laterals same principal only i dont go all the way down i go up do 10 reps half way down and do another four or 5 all the way for 4 sets of that

Shrugs 4 sets of 10

PS
    This is basic outline for what i do it tends to change due to how i feel. But this is what i follow all the time
    thanks bro ill definatly incorporate this into my routine.

Thread Information