hoss827 is offline Banned

AM Cardio vs Postworkout Cardio

Let the debate begin!!! Which in your opinion is better for cutting, and why.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I dont like post workout cardio just because of the simple fact that I want to get protein into my body asap after lifting and I sip on a carb drink all through my workout so my glycogen stores are not depleted anyway. I just do cardio on the time of the day that is most convinient!

But I have never been ripped so my oppinions isnt worht much

You look pretty lean in your avatar bro. JMO though..I think i'm going with A.M. cardio, because youll burn off the glycogen and fat alot quicker....still trying to find something worthy of post workout though

fritz2435 is offline Member
    Early in morning. Cardio on an empty stomach so you don't have to first burn what food is in your system already. (Unless you dont eat for the 4 hrs preceding your workout, then i guess it would be the same but who does that?)

Quote Originally Posted by hoss827
    You look pretty lean in your avatar bro. JMO though..I think i'm going with A.M. cardio, because youll burn off the glycogen and fat alot quicker....still trying to find something worthy of post workout though
    Thanks bro but thats cause my back always leans out good while my front stays fatty

I often do my cardio like this, say I am in uni for 4-5 hours then I just drink one protien shake in water during that time and cardio right when I get back home. That must be almost as effective as am cardio imo. I choose not to do am cardion just cause I cant sacrifice one half hour of sleep in the morning, I guess sleep is more important and I need it to study. Dont want to lose one ounce of muscle while dieting(I ALWAYS aim to gain both strenght and size).

I have never noticed a difference betwen am cardio and cardio later in the day. I think the golde rule when it comes to cardio is do it when you feel most comfterable doing it, that way its alot more likely you will stick through it and not be lasy

but am cardio offcourse if uni begins later then 8 in the morning and on weekends.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Due to my crazy schedule, anytime, but perferebly before workout.

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    AM cardio on an empty stomach is best, but I never do it. I always do post w/out and I have a couple cardio only w/outs in my week. Whatever works for you bro!

MJ

LM1332 Guest
    dont like cardio that much at all never do it. But imo i dont think on the empty stomach is a such a good idea all you do is damaging your stomach walls and such.

Johan I feel ya on the lean back and fat front bro!

Bump.

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    well i have done cardio at all times and all levels...so far since doing in in the AM on empty i have seen steady results..burning fat and keeping muscle ( i know this cuz my strength in the gym is not going down)...also on sundays i eat breakfast at 10then do cardio at 3 because i usually go out on sat nites...i figure that if i woke up extra early to do cardio before work i would only have 5 hours from the last time i ate..so i sleep later and still have that five hours...i think that my stomach is empty enough and sunday is the only day i do that so i dont think i will sacrifice muscle from not eating.

You guys hit cardio mon-friday or all week?

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Personally, I'm tired of this debate. It's all opinions and very little facts or evidence to back up any theory except for anecdotal, single-case "evidence" (ie: this is what i've found works for me...) The reason I don't take evidence from personal experience seriously is that one person cannot isolate a variable to determine exactly what is causing their progress or lack thereof. I rely more on controlled studies on a large number of people for reliable information. However, there have not been many studies on this issue and the few that have been conducted are inconclusive. The way I look at it is this...cardio= caloric deficit & increase in metabolism= fat loss. Whenever you do it, it will lead to fat loss. There may be differences in timing, but I am sure these differences are minimal and until there is evidence to prove otherwise, I am going to do cardio when I darn well feel like it. I am not a morning person, and even if i was, i have to wake up for class at 6:30 as it is, so it would be very difficult for me to do cardio first thing in the am. I do like to keep it as separate as possible from my lifting workouts, however.
    Here are a couple articles I found, supporting different views. Decide for yourselves

http://www.fitdv.com/new/articles/ar...=2&print_art=1
    http://www.muscle101.com/cardio.html

LM1332 Guest
    fat loss equals higher calorie burn then you intake thats all i got to say eat less calories workout more and eat more greens and poop a lot

kim2884 good post sis(I guess we can call the females sis when we call males bro lol)!

Doing it at the most convinient time is best. Never sacrifice sleep for anything cause sleep is the most important thing!

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    kim2884 good post sis(I guess we can call the females sis when we call males bro lol)!

Doing it at the most convinient time is best. Never sacrifice sleep for anything cause sleep is the most important thing!
    agreed..wanna put your body in the most catabolic state??? dont sleep enough....if you ever have to sacrifice significant amounts of sleep for exercise you are probably doing more damage than good.

Kim2884 is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan

yea why not?..now I don't feel left out

IronAdam is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim2884
    yea why not?..now I don't feel left out
    I like to do it in the morning before eating anything. I wake up at 7am, grab the water bottle and walk to the gym. It's done and out of the way by 8am and it wakes me up and keeps me alert in school. When I'm out of class, I work out and the rest of the night is OPEN. But like everyone else, sometimes I don't make it, if thats the case I wait a while after my last meal and run at like 10pm.

xfade7 is offline Member
    I agree with fritz2435 about doing it early in the morning. Once you get up in the morning you have no food in your stomach which when you run burns off the fat storage. If you get a product like abfx or cutting gel from www.supplementgiant.com (check ASN! I dont know if they have it). That puts the stored fat into the bloodstream as usable energy thus burning off the stored fat you want easier and more efficient.

xfade

LM1332 Guest
    poop a lot

Thread Information