Vice is offline Associate Member

What kind of training do you prefer while dieting?

While dieting down, not necessarily for a show, do you always go heavy or do you tend to go lighter with less volume?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Always train the same way regardless...

Intense, max volume and max weight.

xfade7 is offline Member
    if you're trying to lean and get definition, then low sets high reps is the way to go. the more reps there are the better definition you'll gain. you do this with a lower amount of weight than your normal exercises.

xfade

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by xfade7
    if you're trying to lean and get definition, then low sets high reps is the way to go. the more reps there are the better definition you'll gain. you do this with a lower amount of weight than your normal exercises.

xfade
    Can you explain to me why high reps would create defention? Everyone claims it but I dont se a reason. Medium reps is much better for muscle growth so why train in a ineffective way while already in a sligthely catabolic state cause of the diet?

I always do powerlifting when dieting, that way I can take advantage of all the gpp(Cardio)for my strenght development.

ToTheMAX04 is offline Banned
    According to all the bros on here, in which i strongly agree, it is bodyfat levels, not rep range that give you definition. You can be power lifting and on a diet, you might not gain as much, but you will cut. Seems to me that anything above say 12 reps is too light, not much of a challenge for your muscles, and gives them a reason not to grow.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTheMAX04
    According to all the bros on here, in which i strongly agree, it is bodyfat levels, not rep range that give you definition. You can be power lifting and on a diet, you might not gain as much, but you will cut. Seems to me that anything above say 12 reps is too light, not much of a challenge for your muscles, and gives them a reason not to grow.
    I have to say that if I do bodybuilding when dieting I lose strenght and size. If powerlifting I gain strenght and size. Kind of throws the "no heavy training while cutting" idea out of the window.
    Ohh well might just be me I guess

Thread Information