JAYWHITE is offline Junior Member

O.k Working Out For Bulk

Alright I know To gain bulk I need to be eating like a horse.(Quality foods high in protein ec.) High protien diet preferbly 1.5 grams a protein per lb of body weight. I'm taking the right supps (A.S.) Know my question is do I want to lift heavy weight at 6 reps a set every time or do I have to go to 10? Also Im new to lifting only going on a year. Is it better for me to do 2 muscle groups a day example split.

Bck & Bis
    Chest & Tris
    Shoulders & legs
    off
    Back & Bis
    Chest & Tris
    Shoulder & legs

Or do I want to work and hit one muscle group hard each day. Example

Biceps
    Back
    chest
    triceps
    shouldrs
    legs
    off

Please need help I'm almost 2 weeks in on a cycle I don't want to blow it cause I'm not working out right.

ross3814 is offline Member
    can't forget carbs buddy. gotta get a lot of carbs for mass.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYWHITE
    Know my question is do I want to lift heavy weight at 6 reps a set every time or do I have to go to 10? .
    everyone thinks there is some magic number........"oh, 8 reps..no 10 reps".....etc, etc.......everyone is different.....do what works for you..........people think 10 reps.....then as soon as they get to 10 they stop like its their imaginery wall ..........even if they have the energy for more, they'll stop @ 10.........i say do it to muscle failure........until you know you totally can not put that weight up no matter how hard you push yourself.......and even then you should always try for one more rep.

Quote Originally Posted by JAYWHITE
    Please need help I'm almost 2 weeks in on a cycle I don't want to blow it cause I'm not working out right.
    didnt you say you were only wroking out for less than a year?!?!?.....and cycling already?..........if your not positive how to work out correctly yet, you shouldnt be doing a cycle...jsut my opionoin
    Last edited by Danielle; 02-26-2004 at 03:30 PM.
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

dalcowbag is offline Anabolic Member
    gotta agree with danielle

tt2323 is offline Junior Member
    This split is great...2 on 1 off. Monday chest/bis Tuesday legs Weds off Thurs Shoulders tris Friday back day off then repeat. The problem with doing chest and tris one day and shoulders the next is your using your shoulders a lot doing chest work and they need to heal

LM1332 Guest
    totaly what danielle said concur that again

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    So if you aim for failure on your first set, and say you hit 8, should you also aim for 8? or til failure? naturally if you aim for failure then your reps will descend as your sets progress. Was just wondering. Darn that imaginary wall, its ingrained in my routine!!

Spoon

Thread Information