ryan26 is offline Junior Member

Carbs After Cardio?

If I'm trying to cut and I do cardio on the days I don't lift, can I eat some carbs after my cardio without it being detrimental to my fat loss? I want to eat some carbs so that I'm not tired throughout the day. So carbs before my lifting workouts and carbs after my cardio on non-lifting days?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan26
    If I'm trying to cut and I do cardio on the days I don't lift, can I eat some carbs after my cardio without it being detrimental to my fat loss? I want to eat some carbs so that I'm not tired throughout the day. So carbs before my lifting workouts and carbs after my cardio on non-lifting days?
    a common misconception is that carbs will hurt your progress in fat loss.

this is clearly not the case. minimizing insulin spikes at all times of the day with low GI carb sources will give your muscles fuel for workouts and also be an important part of your mass gaining without an increase in fat.

i can lose more fat in a month with a low/moderate amount of carbs timed properly than i can with a more ketogenic diet.

eliminate as much saturated fat as you can when you eat your carbs and you should be ok since the glycogen stores will be replaced and nothing will be stored as fat.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    On non-training days have carbs in your second or third meal following your cardio. Reason being carbs after 'cardio alone' will raise blood sugar levels and stop the fat burning process dead in its track (liposysis). If your training natural however a protein shake before and during low intensity, high duration cardio may be a good idea to fight catabolism.

Thread Information