Thread: HIIT training

someday is offline Member

HIIT training

I was just glancing at some tables for HIIT cardio and it was reccomending like a 6 minute 30 seconds walk 30 second run cycles. To those of you that do it is this really effective. I just started doing like 2 minute walk and 3 minute run on the treadmill for 45 minutes and wondered how the two would compare.

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    don't even bother doing that on the treadmill, in order for HIIT to work, you need to be outside, preferably on a track, in the first month or so, you'll be thinking your wasting your time, but around week 6 or 7, you'll see some awesome results starting to happen

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    a good article on different versions of HIIT is the "running man" article by Christian Thibbideau on www.t-mag.com it gives a few different versions of HIIT and has a good explanation of why it works. also i agree that a treadmill sucks for it because it takes too long for it to speed up and slow down. though an elipse machine is pretty good.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    I personally do 15 sec full sprint followed by 45 sec walk i do this around ten to 15 reps then add 5 mre reps for every week completed til i get to 30 reps. Kinda hard to get used to in the beginning but i have gotten better results here than any treadmill or bike.

Spoon

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I kinda does something like that but with a jump rope. I jump medium pace about 200 jumps then as high pace as I can handle for 70reps or until I fail. Then I go down in pace after a 20 second rest period and repeat like that until I have been doing it for about 25-30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by johan
    I kinda does something like that but with a jump rope. I jump medium pace about 200 jumps then as high pace as I can handle for 70reps or until I fail. Then I go down in pace after a 20 second rest period and repeat like that until I have been doing it for about 25-30 minutes.
    25-30 minutes of mid-hi intensity jump rope? you must be in great shape to sustain that.

Spoon

Its hell and I often take longer rest periods lol but I always aim for half an ahour. But is more often 22-23 minutes. I love jumprope but it exhaust me so bad that I almost puke and after a period of mega high intensity I more or less fall down to the floor gasping for breath lol.

Not to mention I suck pretty bad at jump rope and often screw upp and have to restart ect so I get some unavoidable rest that way to.

Its hell and I often take longer rest periods lol but I always aim for half an ahour. But is more often 22-23 minutes. I love jumprope but it exhaust me so bad that I almost puke and after a period of mega high intensity I more or less fall down to the floor gasping for breath lol.
    il be sure to give it a try one of these days. i was never good at jump ropes. i always seem to get tripped up!

Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    il be sure to give it a try one of these days. i was never good at jump ropes. i always seem to get tripped up!

Spoon
    after a week or 2 you will have gotten a pretty good hang of it. Its important to have a good rope. A medium stiff plastic rope I have found to be the best.

Running also kills my knees so I prefer jump rope cause of that But jump rope kills my achiles tendon lol so no matter what Im screwed.

after a week or 2 you will have gotten a pretty good hang of it. Its important to have a good rope. A medium stiff plastic rope I have found to be the best.

Running also kills my knees so I prefer jump rope cause of that But jump rope kills my achiles tendon lol so no matter what Im screwed.
    hell yeah Were all screwed lol. to each his own! Take it easy bro!

Spoon

Thread Information