Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    wakatak87 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003

    whats the thing called holding the weight?

    My bench is pretty much just a bench with an attached preacher, there is nothing to hold the weight so i cant do bench press or skull crushers all im using it for right now is biceps and rows, and if i wanted to do bench id have to have 2 spotters but thats dumb so i need to buy the weight rest that holds the weight, but what are they called? i looked on google but i couldnt find the name for it. ill show what i mean
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails whats the thing called holding the weight?-bench.jpg  

  2. #2
    LM1332 Guest
    bar holder? it only makes sence. Think about it cup holder? cigarret holder? bottle holder?

  3. #3
    Spoon's Avatar
    Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    South of Heaven
    I think they are called bar pleats. thats what their called in my gym. THey hold both ends of the bar in place at the squats area.


  4. #4
    zx7racing's Avatar
    zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    if you ralready have your equipment- why dont you just fo to a wielding shop and hve your existing one modified? not trying to be a cheap skate- but sounds like it would work?

  5. #5
    wannagrow is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    or build a power rack, put the bench in it and there you go.

    You can use it for squats, pretty much anything

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts