Thread: tricep routine

nj123 is offline Member

tricep routine

I need to get agood routine for my triceps, i have the most trouble hitting my triceps and feeling a burn. Can some of you throw your favorite tricep routine at me? Also, FYI i do bi's and tri's on the same day.

Bigkel1 is offline New Member
    I sometimes do bis and tris on the same day. Your pumped bis kinda give you a cousion for tris. I start with skullcrushers for four sets, then jump to french presses, followed by pressdowns, and at the end a few sets of dips or kickbacks. Really jelps to do go heavy on skullcrushers and french presses for mass.( I do four to five sets eack)

nj123 is offline Member
    ill try out the routine whitey, you dont recommend supersetting the bi's and tri's? thats what i usually do but i think ill try doing all the tri's and then bi's this time to keep the pump going

nj123 is offline Member
    why is supersetting not good for mass? It seems like it would be better

LM1332 Guest
    might be because of genetics never know. For me its really hard to gain mass on my tris they are strong but not big go figure. But what works for me from what i see great pumps and great sorness if overhead press with streight or close grip curl bar//gotta go heavy though

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    Weighted dips, close grip, overhead tri extention, skull crushers, pushdowns both pronated and suppinated grips. I like doing compound heavy movements in the beginning and then going to lighter more isolated movements.

I superset and have never heard of them not putting mass on. It works for me. Remember what works for one will not necessarily work for others. If you are not gaining with supersetting, try something else.

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    I for one have added nice size to my upper arms doing bi/tri supersets.....I like the way my arms are pumped and totally blistered from the great workout....so that goes to show that not all are built the same, u in fact might not respond very well to bi/tri supersets....I say try doing them alone and see if that works, it's the only way u will know for sure.

One of my favorite tricep routines is:

Close-grip bench press - 4 x 10,10,8,6(go heavy as possible
    Lying Tricep Ext(skull crushers) - 3 x 10,8,6(heavy as possible)
    Rope Pushdowns - 3 x 12,12,10
    Dumbell Kickbacks - 2 x 18,15(contract hard and pause at the top, this will burn like hell)

Nitro32 is offline New Member
    Mu'min's reply is about the same as what I would recommend, especially the wieghted dips, I like to do a few sets wieghted and then do 1 or 2 sets to failure w/o wieght to finish it off really overemphisizing form, this will blow up your tris. Seated overhead db presses are helpful as well, and I like to finish off my tri routines with very light weight doing isolated movements like a db kickback using hi reps really focusing on the peak contraction.

fortherep is offline New Member
    I find that the best way to get a good burn is to squeeze ur reps at the end of the concentric motion. Like for example when u do pull downs with the rope or bar or whatever, at the bottom of the motion when ur elbows are locked out, hold it for a 1 count and give ur tris a good squeeze. That squeeze blows up my tris!

Thread Information