se11 is offline Associate Member

fastest wat to build biceps

i was just wondering the fastest way to build big, strong biceps. is there any sort of bicep workout that works better than others?

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Bread and butter Bicep exercise is Standing Barbell Curls.

Try the old school 10x10 method. 10 sets of 10 reps, and make it a weight you can handle.

Concentration curls are surprisingly good if you do them correctly. Bring them up slow, squeeze the **** out of it and bring it down even slower.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    And the often forgotten Uni-Lateral training. Works wonders to switch up your routine and help with the mind/muscle connection.

Train on arm at a time.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    I don't know about you guys, but preacher curls have exploded my biceps.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    21s, the bread and butter excercises, standing dumbell and hammer curls, just do some research bro...Youll do fine

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Seated incline dumbbell curls had an amazing impact on the fullness and shape of my biceps in just a couple of months.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    synthol..........
    LMFAO

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    Doin everything to failure has been working well for me, until i can hardly lift it up, barbell or dumbells - with good form. Also has a lot more veins poppin out, YEA BOY!

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Teardowns

Preacher........ do whatever to get to failure... thenfor the negative..

hold hold hold... while your spotter presses down.......

finish each set with this..........
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Chins with weight

Swellin Guest
    A word to the wise.....preacher curls can absolutely murder your biceps' tendons.

I have tendonitis in both upper biceps' tendons in my right arm. If I do a set of preachers with as little as 80lbs...I am out of the gym for a week. i can do fairly low weight with a dumbell on preachers...and that results in severe pain for a couple of days...but not bad enough to be out of the gym.

Be careful with those danm preacher curls!!!!!!!!!

Linebacker is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellin
    A word to the wise.....preacher curls can absolutely murder your biceps' tendons.

I have tendonitis in both upper biceps' tendons in my right arm. If I do a set of preachers with as little as 80lbs...I am out of the gym for a week. i can do fairly low weight with a dumbell on preachers...and that results in severe pain for a couple of days...but not bad enough to be out of the gym.

Be careful with those danm preacher curls!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, the same kind-of thing happened to me. I used to do preacher curls all the time, but now after one set my arms will hurt for a week. What I have been doing lately that really seems to work is lucky#7s. U do standing bardbell curls, 7 reps halfway up(low), 7 reps halfway up(high), then 7 all the way. And you do 7 sets of that. I usually do 8-10 reps though at 95lbs

Quote Originally Posted by whiteykauai
    barbel curls standing
    Indeed, indeed! I can't get enough of those!

se11 is offline Associate Member
    in my regular workout for my arms i do 5-6 sets of bench presses adding weight as I go on, 4-5 sets of standing barbell curls or dumbell curls, 3-4 sets of dumbell lateral raises and then i do another exercise until failure(kickbacks, pressdowns, skull crushers. or overhead extensions). i do this like 2-3 times a week. im still pretty new at this, so does anyone know what else I can do to try to build my biceps faster? I've tried hammer curls like someone suggested, and I can't do preacher curls becuase I don't have that type of bench. thanks

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by se11
    in my regular workout for my arms i do 5-6 sets of bench presses adding weight as I go on, 4-5 sets of standing barbell curls or dumbell curls, 3-4 sets of dumbell lateral raises and then i do another exercise until failure(kickbacks, pressdowns, skull crushers. or overhead extensions). i do this like 2-3 times a week. im still pretty new at this, so does anyone know what else I can do to try to build my biceps faster? I've tried hammer curls like someone suggested, and I can't do preacher curls becuase I don't have that type of bench. thanks
    I'm assuming those bench sets are close grip for tris????... My typical arm day looks like this:

-Standing Barbell Curl (heavy)
    -Skull Crushers (heavy)
    -Preacher curl
    -Dips
    -Hammer Curls
    -Cable Pressdown

First I would suggest separating your shoulder exercises from your arms workout. Some guys lump them together but I think a full shoulder day is very important. And I would only workout arms once a week, they get hit pretty hard when you do chest and bis anyway.

If you can't do preacher I would suggest doing reps with a barbell, with real slow (at least 5 seconds) for negatives, and then a pause at the bottom, keeping form strict.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    Chins, arnold curels, and my Favorite Close grip curls touch your palms together on useing a straight bar only and then try to get ur elbows close as possible then rep that MF out im currently useing 60-70 lbs crouching or you can do this on the precher bench builds the outer bicep for a good looking side flex...

Thread Information