Jackman is offline Banned

suggestions for a shoulder pusher

i am what you call a shoulder pusher when doing bench.... it always seems to hurt my shoulders more than my chest when i work out.. any suggestions to start shocking the chest more and ease up on my front delt?

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I had the same problem a while back, my problem was that i was using too much weight therefor my chest couldnt handle it, my arms and shoulders were doing more work than my chest so i lowered the weight a bit and focused on my pecs and my chest grew way better. Other than that just try to experiment with different angles and stuff Ex: where the bar hits your chest etc etc etc.. I like the bar to hit the very base of my pec thats where i find it to work the pecs the most. Just try different things and see what works for you.

I have this same problem. Can't get a good chest workout in to save my ass. I did chest today, completely worthless. At least my tri workout was good.

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
    I have this same problem. Can't get a good chest workout in to save my ass. I did chest today, completely worthless. At least my tri workout was good.
    I wouldn't leave the gym until you are satisfied with your workout. do some flat bench flyes to get the blood pumping and a good stretch in your chest that way you know what you muscle you have to focus on and just grow on it. pump then stretch.

Jackman is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChefJ
    I wouldn't leave the gym until you are satisfied with your workout. do some flat bench flyes to get the blood pumping and a good stretch in your chest that way you know what you muscle you have to focus on and just grow on it. pump then stretch.
    Hey whos thread is this asking for help here?

Yea ill try exsperimenting diferent angles see if that helps! today is chest day

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    There was a bodybuilder in MD who talked about ways to de-emphasize the delts on bench. I do not remember his name since it was about a year and half since I have read MD. He said that he would not come all of the way down with the bar. He would come back up when he started to feel the delts emphasized. A grip that is too wide will also over emphasize the delts.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    The best way to get your delts out of the lift is to go wide on your grip and not owrry about how much your pushing

Thread Information