Thread: Widen Biceps

se11 is offline Associate Member

Widen Biceps

I've been seeing some pretty decent results after a short period of time on my biceps, but I was wondering how to make them wider. They have decent peaks, but are thin. I was wondering if there was any exercise better than other for widening biceps.

strongNlean is offline Junior Member
    concentration curls and incline curls should help a bit.

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Gain about ten pounds and they will be wider. Muscle shape is 99% genetics. I wish my shoulders would grow like my legs do, aint gonna happen. Increasing the size of your triceps will add to the appearance of your outer biceps in the flexed position.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    do close grip curls grab the bar in the middel and touch your palms together and then try to touch ur elbows together then rep that MF out you can do this crouching or on a precher bench. This exercise works the outside of the bicep for a good side flex.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    I dont know how you do your reps, but try altering your grip... use an EZ Bar and do wide grop curls, then next set close grip. Also, hammer curls help build the outer part of the bicep (dont know what its called, brachilias???)

ok thanks, ill try doing hammer curls the next few workouts and see how it works

LM1332 Guest
    hammer curls dude thats all i got to say. And genetics can be forced to change you just have to work hard on it. My tris are hard gainers, you can call em non gainers but threw a lot of hard work they are starting to grow like no other

yeah my triceps seem alot easier to shape then my biceps

scrumhalf09 is offline Junior Member

Biceps

I try a couple of ideas. The wider your grip when performing curls the more stress is placed on the inside of the bicep. If you have good peak that would indicate that the outside of your bicep is well developed. Try performing shoulder width (or slightly wider) barbell curls.

Thread Information