Thread: chest help

ChiSuave is offline New Member

chest help

I think poor form from earlier years in preventing growth in chest. I used to bench bringing the bar down on the upper part of my chest, rather than by my nipples. In doing so, my shoulders and arms did most of the work. Whenever I lift chest, I seem to develop more my upper and outte parts (mainly by my armpit). I am trying to correct this and spark some growth in the "meat" of the pec, since the lower part and upper middle are lacking tremendously. Plus my arms grow at a fast rate as well. I was hoping someone could give me tips on how to go about blowing up my chest, with little growth in my shoulders and arms. Thank you.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    If you never do flat or decline bench I would recommend starting.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSuave
    I think poor form from earlier years in preventing growth in chest. I used to bench bringing the bar down on the upper part of my chest, rather than by my nipples. In doing so, my shoulders and arms did most of the work. Whenever I lift chest, I seem to develop more my upper and outte parts (mainly by my armpit). I am trying to correct this and spark some growth in the "meat" of the pec, since the lower part and upper middle are lacking tremendously. Plus my arms grow at a fast rate as well. I was hoping someone could give me tips on how to go about blowing up my chest, with little growth in my shoulders and arms. Thank you.
    I usually align the bar with my lower chest. It takes away the strain on my shoulders.

Spoon

DNoMac is offline Senior Member
    You ever try cables?

ChiSuave is offline New Member
    I used to start with some sort of flye motion to pre-exhaust my chest, then go to bench. I usually finish with cable flyes, but I still feel it in my armpit area as much as my inner chest

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiSuave
    I used to start with some sort of flye motion to pre-exhaust my chest, then go to bench. I usually finish with cable flyes, but I still feel it in my armpit area as much as my inner chest
    I wouldnt recommend pre-exhausting before bench. Bneching should be your #1 priority for chest growth. Do it right after a decent warmup.

Thread Information