Thread: too many sets?

craneboy is offline Senior Member

too many sets?

am i doing too many sets per exercise? i like to really exhaust my muscle group being trained.
    leg day - 10 sets squats 10 - 9 reps
    chest - db incline 6 sets - bench 7 sets - iso chest mach 6 sets - cable flies 6 sets ( all sets heavy 8 - 10 reps)
    shoulders - db press 8 sets - side lateral 8 sets - pec deck reversed 10 sets - shrugs 10 sets
    back - bent over rows 6 sets - machine close grig row 6 sets - machine wide grip 6 sets - lat pull downs 6 sets
    a day off here and there in between, lifting natural right now but starting first cycle in about a week

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    Yes... try doubling the weight... for 4 reps.. at 1 set with 2 sets of lower weight as a warm up.....

try that and see if you can walk the next day

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    am i doing too many sets per exercise? i like to really exhaust my muscle group being trained.
    leg day - 10 sets squats 10 - 9 reps
    chest - db incline 6 sets - bench 7 sets - iso chest mach 6 sets - cable flies 6 sets ( all sets heavy 8 - 10 reps)
    shoulders - db press 8 sets - side lateral 8 sets - pec deck reversed 10 sets - shrugs 10 sets
    back - bent over rows 6 sets - machine close grig row 6 sets - machine wide grip 6 sets - lat pull downs 6 sets
    a day off here and there in between, lifting natural right now but starting first cycle in about a week
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

decadbal is offline Banned
    id not go below 6reps on anything for one bro, are you wantin to bodybuild or powerlift, bc under 6reps works great for PL, but not BBing. add some wt, and just get used to the less sets, when i started out i did alot of sets as well, and i grew some, not near as good as i dropped it back and upped the wt. so you and i are proof that overtrainin is BS, but thats another thread..lol

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    thanks bro's
    i'll go up in weight and down in sets and reps. my goal is better looking and stronger at the same time. i think i'm about ready to start my cycle, rest-sleep in check, eat eat eat, lots of water, stay focused, nolva throughout and pct 2 weeks after last shot (test)
    thanks again
    SMP

Thread Information