Critique my workout

Im a bout to jump on a prop/winny/fina cycle and WANN KNOW IF MY WORKOUT IS OK OR NOT..

Mon:chest 3 set 4 excersise cardio 45 min
    tue: back 3 set 4 excersise cardio 45 min
    wed bi's/tri's 3 set 4 excersise cardio 45 min
    thurs: shoulders 3 set 4 excersise cardio 45 min
    friday: cardio
    sat leg/a n\muscle group i did in the begin of the week cardio 30

I rotate this schedule so sometime ill do back or something else on mon etc.

I would appreciate any feedback...Im tryin to get cut and at the same time maintain or and mass... Thanks

LM1332 Guest
    wait i dont get it you do 3 sets of 4 different excersises? What are you like more of a PL?

Not really..what i posted where just min. i usually do more than that any suggestions? more sets more reps..i always do a minof 6 reps and usually go 12 10 8 and add more weight each time

bump

LM1332 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by unhcj
    Im a bout to jump on a prop/winny/fina cycle and WANN KNOW IF MY WORKOUT IS OK OR NOT..

Mon:chest 3 set 4 excersise cardio 45 min
    tue: back 3 set 4 excersise cardio 45 min
    wed bi's/tri's 3 set 4 excersise cardio 45 min
    thurs: shoulders 3 set 4 excersise cardio 45 min
    friday: cardio
    sat leg/a n\muscle group i did in the begin of the week cardio 30

I rotate this schedule so sometime ill do back or something else on mon etc.

I would appreciate any feedback...Im tryin to get cut and at the same time maintain or and mass... Thanks
    i would do wed: shoulders
    thursday cardio and on friday i would do bi's tri's
    4 sets of pyramiding up with weight.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I like doing 5 excersizes with 5 sets each...and that's me now, the most important thing is the intensity that you use in each rep. You can do 12 sets total but if you're really pushing it, you will be ok. If you're throwing weight around rocking or generally using bad form or too light of weight, you're not going to get anything out of it.
    Find out what works best for you and make sure you have your intensity levels VERY high!

SID

scrumhalf09 is offline Junior Member

Trimming Workout

A couple of suggestions. Scientifically speaking muscle growth by resistance training occurs at a max rate following the below principles.
    12-20 consecutive sets per body part (split into 2-5 exercises)
    30s-1:30 rest interval between sets
    6-12 rep range

By training hard with hypertrophy training and performing cardio and diet to lose the fat, you should be able to trim down and still keep your strength gains. Keep lifting as hard as you can, continually lifting more weight on every exercise you can.

I would keep my rest intervals around 45s to 1min. Increase your ab workouts and lat workouts to give a optical illusion. The wider your back is the trimmer you look. You could also look into circuit training with little rest between exercises/sets.

Thread Information