steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT

Female weight training

What this is for the girls unlees you know about the subject, i need some help critiqueing my G/F workout routine, She is just starting to get into it, i have showed her sertain worouts mostly circit traing stuff, what should she be doning she wants to get toned and do cardio i dont know much about traing females just what i see in the gym, she is already pretty leaned out
    ahe is 5'3 and about 108 shes got one of those dance team bodies gimmie a shout thamks.

LM1332 Guest
    there work out is no different then yours. If she is a female it doesnt mean she cant do what you can. I saw a post here some where about this before i am sure youll find it if youll do a search.

CatWoman is offline Female Member
    I can say that if she wants to tone up, which she sounds pretty small already, to do more reps and less weight......
    I am 5'3'' but not 108lbs...though I do wish, but just tell her MORE REPS!! It will tone better than what guys do for bulking.....my b/f does bulk work and I do that SAME exercisebut less weight and more reps...its works!! Hope that helps!!!

mfenske is offline Member
    I hate when women say that they just want to tone. Being lean is having muscle and and absence of bodyfat. My wife trains just like I do. She lifts heavy for moderate reps (4 to 6 on working sets) and keeps on getting leaner and leaner, stronger and stronger. You need to convince her that unless she is taking in 5,000 calories a day and on AS she's not gonna get "big". Mark

i dont whant my G/f to get BIG i like em small and tight, you know flat stomachs, low b/f and nice legs, the good stuff.

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    Unless she gets into steriods .....she will not get BIG no matter how much she lifts unless she's a freak of nature. I am 5'1 and I bench 195 and I can press 65's on my third set. I am by no means BIG, nor have I lost my feminity.

She can lift just like you just at weights that she can do to failure and she will get good developement without turning into the incredible hulk.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

LM1332 Guest
    thats what i said heh

thanks guys/girls thats impresive benching 195 for a female i myself have never seen that first hand, but of course there are nothing but trophy girls prancing around in there cheerleading shorts and small tanktops, in my gym. "trust me im not complaning"

Thread Information