ChefJ is offline Senior Member

lat trap problem

I have a problem with symetry. I am left handed and my left trap is larger than my right, but my right lat sticks out farther than my left. I cannot seem to bring these muscles groups to square. Should I start some form of isolation training or what. Any comments or advice is appreciated. And thanks in advance.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    isolation with dumbbells is the only way i can bring up lagging sides of the body.

i try to use perfect form and add 1 more working set for the weaker side for each exercise. that has worked well in the past for me.

nj123 is offline Member
    have the same problem but with my chest.. my left tricep and pec are stonger and bigger than the right

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    best way to correct this is to flex the muscle everyday, i used to have the problem where my right biceps was much fuller than my left one, mainly because i would always check out my right bicep in the mirror and flex and not my left one, i corrected the problem by forcing myself to flex only the left one, it took about 6 months of doing this, but they eventually came around to the same fullness

ChefJ is offline Senior Member
    the funny thing about me is they are on opposite sides of the body like when I am working out I am working my trap instead of my lat and on the other side m lat instead of the trap. I just don't get it. I will try some extra movements to try and bring them up to par.

Thread Information