bpillman31 is offline New Member

heart not in to it

well i have been lifting for about 2 1/2 years and i just can't get my heart into any more. i have tried taking time off and switching my routine by i just can't seem to get into it any more. dose this happen to anyone else.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yes......... mostly...... the main issue is how quickly you can get over it, or get remotivated again..

good luck..........

Quote Originally Posted by bpillman31
    well i have been lifting for about 2 1/2 years and i just can't get my heart into any more. i have tried taking time off and swithing my routine by i just can't seem to get into it any more. dose this happen to anyone else.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    been there bro i been hittin it for about the 2 1/2 years my self i hit a bad bad bad slump around december so i took three weeks off and came back and ran a small cycle of Deca 300 to get some steangth and gains and now im back in buiss, but evrey 8 weeks i take 10 days off just do cardio if i feel like it, thats what i would recomend.

Quote Originally Posted by spywizard
    yes......... mostly...... the main issue is how quickly you can get over it, or get remotivated again..

good luck..........
    how do you get motivated again? i can't figure that part out.

Usually........... a woman.......

the mirror...... i don't like what i see.. .

summer........

a trip to Hawaii.........

Family reunion...........

I am breathing.......

$800 spent on steroids ./.........

how do you get motivated again? i can't figure that part out.

Rules

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.

take a little time off go get drunk go get laid a few times, get ur diet in order, then start looking at all the BIG dudes at ur gym that always helps me get more motivation, but i always have motivation i been pushing it solid for 9 weeks so im runing thin but this is my last week then im takeing 10 days off, if this dosnt help and you are takeing Sh!T then you must be overtraing, and that is a no no, i dunno man takeing time off always help me out.

Usually........... a woman.......

the mirror...... i don't like what i see.. .

summer........

a trip to Hawaii.........

Family reunion...........

I am breathing.......

$800 spent on steroids./.........
    yea i think $800 on steroids will do it. but i am pwt, and make about that much a month. mabe i should just go back to ephdrine(sp?)

Quote Originally Posted by steve0
    take a little time off go get drunk go get laid a few times, get ur diet in order, then start looking at all the BIG dudes at ur gym that always helps me get more motivation, but i always have motivation i been pushing it solid for 9 weeks so im runing thin but this is my last week then im takeing 10 days off, if this dosnt help and you are takeing Sh!T then you must be overtraing, and that is a no no, i dunno man takeing time off always help me out.
    well i go for about 2-3 hrs a day 5 days a week, is that too much?

Fu*k that..........

2-3 hours..... you are over training.... period...

max 1 hour......... + cardio if you are doing that then........

and a full static day.,....35 minutes tops.......

Good job on getting where you are at right now.....

well i go for about 2-3 hrs a day 5 days a week, is that too much?

Rules

Fu*k that..........

2-3 hours..... you are over training.... period...

max 1 hour......... + cardio if you are doing that then........

and a full static day.,....35 minutes tops.......

Good job on getting where you are at right now.....
    thanks you dont realize how good it makes me feel when people tell me that
    just an hour! is that just for weights or weight and cardio? wow you know how much free time i can have back.

yeah man way over training !!!! i my self do two body parts 4 days a week and pick 4 to 5 exercises for each muscle group, spend about and hour working out them about 30 mins BS around with people, but i never lift for 2-3 hours no no no. O yeah the outher 3 days im either resting or doing cardio.

Yea..... 1 hour weights.... cardio.. 35-45 3 days a week...

and the cardio can be sports..

so in the summer time i am in the gym... 3 times a week.. 4 max....

static training is good............ doggcrap training i think you can find on this site...

that is one i will be trying.. also.........

You have over trained your body........ and it is saying ............ stop this ****............

so take 2 weeks off... do not go to the gym.. not to tan, cardio.. nothin...

educate yourself.. get a new routine.. and go at it all new and fresh..

eat clean..

good luck......

thanks you dont realize how good it makes me feel when people tell me that
    just an hour! is that just for weights or weight and cardio? wow you know how much free time i can have back.

Rules

free time hahah i spend my free time in the gym lucky you.

i right now seperate all my muscle groups. chest day, back day, etc...
    how do you guys work out.

welll mmm,,,,gotta mix it up if i dont it is stale, right now, i do
    Mon-chest,bis
    tues-legs
    wed-cardio
    thurs-back,tris
    fris-shoulders,maybe some incline, and a lil tri

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Think about all those gains you worked hard for two years. and dont forget that pain in the ass diet you had to deal with on a daily basis. all that will be flushed down the toilet. Best way to get motivated is take a couple of days off, have a couple of cheat meals or whatever works for you..................... imagine hitting the beach and check out the huge dude with all the chicks. or would you rather be the fat-ass by the fried chicken booth? its your choice bro. good luck!

Spoon

scottninpo is offline Senior Member
    i've been lifting for ten years almost and i've never been burnt out, thank God, mostly because i don't go to the gym everyday, mon/wed/fri, and i keep my workouts intense and brief, i think alot of people who quit or get burnt out are those who go 5 or six days a week for 2 or three hours at a time, if you're in the gym more than an hour, you're either overtraining or wasting time, and if you're going more than 4 days a week, you're definitely overtraining imo

i don't know spoon fried chiken sounds pretty good right now. j/k
    ok so evidently i am over training. i do have a coulpe of quistions now.
    1. I just finished a week break and stareted my routine, should i stop and rest or finish my routine?
    2. Could I do weights like on mon., wed., thur., and cardio tue. and and fri.?

Danielle is offline Female Member
    well i have been lifting for about 2 1/2 years and i just can't get my heart into any more. i have tried taking time off and switching my routine by i just can't seem to get into it any more. dose this happen to anyone else.

if you hearts truly not into something..........yourll stop trying your best at it.........but 2 1/2 years is a decent amount of time......so im sure you have some decidation to the sport.........try to look at the progress you've make in those 2 years.....it may help motivative you again.........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    if you hearts truly not into something..........yourll stop trying your best at it.........but 2 1/2 years is a decent amount of time......so im sure you have some decidation to the sport.........try to look at the progress you've make in those 2 years.....it may help motivative you again.........
    first of all nice pic.
    well that does sound like good advice, it just all seems like work any more.
    i just can't seem to shake it.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Maybe you should switch things up like doing some powerlifting for a while. You can measure your progress against the weights and it's a completely different training style.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Get that Stuart McRobert book - its perfect for guys like you (new and don't necessarily lack commitment but rather knowledge in the fundamentals). The title is http://www.warriorfx.com/authors/mcrobert.sht][/i]Beyond Brawnand I will guarantee you it will help you better understand how to stay commited and keep progressing without overtraining. Lots of good motivational points are made and he writes in a "take-it-as-it-is" manner... no marketing gimics and fluff...

Good luck to you... I have been at it for almost 10 years now and have never felt like it was something I wanted to stop doing. Bodybuilding is a very personal activity that you do not have to be a pro to enjoy... it helps not only to create a stronger and more attractive body but to teach dedication and discipline in other areas of your life...

thanks, i defintly check that book out. not sure how to power lift but i think i try that, but i would still like my qustions anwered:
    1. I just finished a week break and stareted my routine, should i stop and rest or finish my routine?
    and

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    i don't know spoon fried chiken sounds pretty good right now. j/k
    ok so evidently i am over training. i do have a coulpe of quistions now.
    whatever works for you man! you can work out-m-w-f-s or t-th-sat etc. You can do your cardio on off days as well. its all up to you and while your at it experiment with new routines and excercies. A lot of info on this board. do your research and get back to us with any questions you may have. Good Luck and get back to pumping iron!

Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    whatever works for you man! you can work out-m-w-f-s or t-th-sat etc. You can do your cardio on off days as well. its all up to you and while your at it experiment with new routines and excercies. A lot of info on this board. do your research and get back to us with any questions you may have. Good Luck and get back to pumping iron!

Spoon
    defintly, i don't want to get big and fat again.
    i just wanted to use that no reason just think it's funny

Thread Information