Thread: tore muscle

Fuller is offline Associate Member

tore muscle

Has anyone ever had a torn muscle? The reason i ask is becasue i have a burning pain right on my tricep. If i move my arm in a certain way i get alot of pain. I have been training 3 days on and 1 day off, for the last four months. I have a gut felling that maybe i have been over training. The bad part is i am 6 weeks into a cycle of test only, first ever cycle. I was supposed to train today, but did not. And i am debating taking the rest of this week of, until monday and let it heal.....any thoughts Fuller

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Usually when you 'tear' a muscle it bruises.. You'll see black and blue... Chances are you pulled a muscle, or strained it.. Usually ice, helps tylenol or advil for pain.. rest it, let it heal - come back strong.. Try to stretch it, don't ask me how to stretch your tricep, you get the idea..

slobberknocker is offline Associate Member
    that's right. when you tear it, it bruises.

Fuller is offline Associate Member
    Thanks guys. No brusing as of yet. When i do strethc it, it hurts like a mother f'er. I thought that stretching it prolly was making it worse. I am glad u guys chimed in. I have taken the last two days off and i think i am going to take until monday off and see what happens. When u strain it, is it casued by over working maybe?? Or maybe i need to stretch a little more pre workout.....?? Anyway thanks again Fuller

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuller
    Thanks guys. No brusing as of yet. When i do strethc it, it hurts like a mother f'er. I thought that stretching it prolly was making it worse. I am glad u guys chimed in. I have taken the last two days off and i think i am going to take until monday off and see what happens. When u strain it, is it casued by over working maybe?? Or maybe i need to stretch a little more pre workout.....?? Anyway thanks again Fuller
    bad form, or trying to pull too much weight alot of times is the culprit of strains

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Ice it, take ibuprofen (reduces swelling), and rest.

Thread Information