Thread: wrist straps

Ironweb is offline Member

wrist straps

I have reached a point when I do an exercise such as shrugs my grip gives out before my traps. I am thinking about getting straps to help. Do they make a difference? Does anyone use them and if so do you like them or not? Thanks

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    It took me a long time but i finally got straps . Now i cant go without em . :/:

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member
    I use wrist straps only when doing heavy rows and shrugs. They help me get a few extra reps. Its a bitch trying to finish a set of shrugs with the bar barely hanging by my fingertips. So yea, they do help.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    use the straps. you're not helping yourself if you're forearms are giving out before the muscle you're actually trying to hit is tired. if you want to work forearms, then do forearms....on a seperate day

Cool I'm convinced gonna pick me up some. Thanks for the feed back

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    I always use them for heavy db work or shrugs I also use them if I am going heavy on deadlifts.Afterall you want to fatigue the working muscle not your grip

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    A good (and probably obvious [though not to me initially, d'oh!]) tip is that when wrap the strap around the bar start by wrapping the strap under the bar (assuming you are standing in front of it, looking down at it) first (away from the hand, if you can see what I mean)

This helps prevent the bar slipping down your hand as when your grip starts to fade the bar will drop slightly and the strap to tighten - hence improving the grip on it.

I've probably just confused you, hey?

def

Arnold Zane is offline New Member

wrist hooks

Iron web dont bother w/the wrist wraps, Go to fitness factory.com
    and find the wrist hooks, they velcro around your wrist and you have this hook thet dangles and you just wrap on to the bar and pull. Its not like thos weak hooks like power hooks or something like that Ive used those and they broke after a while. These will not break, Yuo will break before those will. I dont even think these have a name or anything. Just searcj it on there site.

defdaz is offline Associate Member
    Diesel said:

As far as what defdaz said above, when you are holding the bar, dumbell, etc...wrap the strap away from your palm.
    That's it!!!

def

Thanks for the advise. It will help will help a bunch. I will check the hooks out as well.

Thread Information