ANicley is offline New Member

Cycling rep ranges??

Any person had any luck with cycling reps with during each workout week? For example, Wk 1 All exercises 2-4 reps with working sets.... Wk 2 6-8 reps all exercises after warmup sets..... Wk 3 10-15 reps after warm up sets exercises. Wk 4 start over with 2-4 reps. Just a thought. getting bord with the same old grind.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANicley
    Any person had any luck with cycling reps with during each workout week? For example, Wk 1 All exercises 2-4 reps with working sets.... Wk 2 6-8 reps all exercises after warmup sets..... Wk 3 10-15 reps after warm up sets exercises. Wk 4 start over with 2-4 reps. Just a thought. getting bord with the same old grind.
    I'm a HUGE advocate of such "cycling", if for no other reason than the fact that I simply can not think of a better way to learn which bodyparts respond in what ways to what rep ranges. If you never take the chance to hit up your tris for four reps or your hams for 15 (or vice versa and everything in between), how will you ever know whether or not that particular bodypart responds well to that rep range? I think an extremely common mistake in this game is to become "married" to a particular rep range (normally either very low because of the ego boost that comes with heavy weights or somewhat high because of the perceived pump) and stick with it blindly.

Of course, for this to work, you have to be willing to do a few things, namely keep a fairly detailed record of your workouts (which you should be doing anyway, imo) and having a rationale to your rep scheme changes and durations.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I change up the rep ranges in my training but not on a weekly basis. Probably more like every 4-8 weeks or whenever I feel that an exercise is stalling or progressing quickly with respect to other exercises. And like BG said you need to keep a detailed log of your workouts for this to work.

Thread Information